Whatsapp with Rocketchat

Description

can we connect two whatsapp numbers with rocketchat using Twilio ?

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 3.7.0
  • Operating System: Linux
  • Deployment Method: docker
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog: Enabled
  • NodeJS Version: v12.18.4
  • MongoDB Version: 4.0.20
  • Proxy: nginx
  • Firewalls involved:

Any additional Information

I suggest you try Matterbridge. It allows to interconnect many platforms (and is not ependent on Mattermost). Here is the config for bridging WhatsApp: https://github.com/42wim/matterbridge/wiki/Section-WhatsApp-(basic)

We are offering this service with a simple bot integration in Rocket Chat
https://rgwit.be/en/products/rocketchat/ it takes up 10 min to set up your existing number

It even allows you to open new chats, not like the API offered by Facebook where you can only receive new customers

And instead of paying thousands of dollars Twilio we have no entree fee and its just 10 euros per month.

Hi! We just announced our oficial WhatsApp integration here on Forums.
Check it out: New WhatsApp integration available for all Community workspaces - #2

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 3.7.0
  • Operating System: Linux
  • Deployment Method: docker
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog: Enabled
  • NodeJS Version: v12.18.4
  • MongoDB Version: 4.0.20
  • Proxy: nginx
  • Firewalls involved:

Everything Listed Above is Free or We have pay the Fee any One Guide me? I want a Complete information about this to setup and one thing more is it possible to list on my website

2 Likes

Is this is the Latest Version Features or OLD One. If this is the Old Where i can get the latest Version any One HELP ME...!

WhatsApp App from Rocket.Chat’s marketplace is now for Enterprise Edition only.

You can still leverage some community built solutions for having WhatsApp, Instagram or really any other chat channel inside Rocket.Chat, using it’s Flexible APIs.

**5 steps to add the app to your Rocket.Chat workspace

• Go to the Administration panel > Marketplace.
  • Install the WhatsApp App. You’ll join an automatic Wizard channel.
  • Follow the steps to create a 360dialog & copy the API code provided.
  • Back to Rocket.
  • Done!

On this Website all the Version are Listed Here. You can get the latest Version Deatils on the Homepage of the Rocket.Chat

Would you please update the Link?

1 Like

Would you Please Provide me the Download Link Of the Latest Version i have Find all where but can’t see. PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi! You should follow the doc in:

1 Like

Go to the Marketplace Administration panel.
Install the WhatsApp application. You’ll be added to an automated Wizard channel.
Copy the API code supplied and follow the instructions to build a 360dialog.

Returning to Rocket.

Integrating WhatsApp with Rocket. Chat has been a game-changer for our team’s communication and collaboration. This powerful combination offers the best of both worlds: WhatsApp’s widespread popularity and Rocket. Chat’s robust collaboration features.

If you want to integrate WhatsApp with Rocket.Chat and connect WhatsApp numbers to it, you would typically need to use a third-party integration service that supports WhatsApp Business API. Twilio does provide a WhatsApp Business API, but you would need to set up and manage the integration separately.

Here’s a high-level overview of the steps involved in connecting WhatsApp numbers to Rocket.Chat using Twilio:

1. Set up a Twilio Account: If you haven’t already, create a Twilio account and set up your WhatsApp Business API within Twilio.
  2. Configure Twilio WhatsApp Integration: Follow Twilio’s documentation to configure and set up the WhatsApp Business API for the desired WhatsApp numbers.
  3. Set up Rocket.Chat Integration: Depending on your requirements, you may need to develop a custom Rocket.Chat integration or use an existing integration. Rocket.Chat provides a REST API that can be used to send and receive messages programmatically.
  4. Develop Custom Integration (if necessary): If there isn’t an existing Rocket.Chat integration for Twilio WhatsApp, you might need to develop a custom solution that can interact with both Twilio and Rocket.Chat APIs. This could be a separate server-side application that handles message forwarding and synchronization between the two platforms.
  5. Configure Webhooks: You may need to configure webhooks in Twilio to receive incoming WhatsApp messages and then forward them to your Rocket.Chat integration for processing.
  6. Testing and Monitoring: Thoroughly test the integration to ensure messages are being relayed correctly between WhatsApp and Rocket.Chat. Monitor the integration for any issues or errors.
  7. Security and Compliance: Ensure that your integration complies with WhatsApp Business API policies and security best practices.

I also want to know how can I connect with the YoWApp…?

yeah you can connect with two whatsapp numbers and can also connect with different communities across the world, like like WhatsApp canada groups from here :slight_smile: