Trust anchor for certification path not found

Description

Hi,
After renewing SSL cert on my server, Android users started to report me, that * java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Trust anchor for certification path not found error started to appear. On iOS everything is ok. This is not my first cert renew, and before I never had this problem. Could you tell me, how to manage it? Any help will be appreciated!

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 3.10.5
  • Operating System: Ubuntu 16.04
  • Deployment Method: snap
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog:
  • NodeJS Version: 12.18.4
  • MongoDB Version: 3.6.14
  • Proxy: apache
  • Firewalls involved: no

That looks like an certificate pinning issue. Did you use the same CA/cert path? You may try to delete all app data/reinstall app, try older app version, …

I didn’t change anything in config…

Ok, you’re right - I had bad path to chain file. I have no idea how it worked before since there was a bug in this path. The main thing is that it works. Subject to be closed :slight_smile:

I have the same problem any one tell me how to ignore or bypass SSL certificate?

rocket chat react native (4.14.0) want to connect my local server (https://10.20.1.11:5000) and our server use self signed certificate.

I am seeing the same issue with one of our android users. We are doing a docker setup with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.

Hi, I have the same issue. Can you show me how to fix this ?
Can I have a quick fix on server side ?

hello sir how do you solve this problem sir

Please detail sir! how do you set up this one!!

Hi plomerpheus, Could you be so kind as to share what you have modified to make it work? I couldn’t get it to work, I don’t understand which path should be modified.
Thanks!!

Hello how do you solve this problem because I have faced the same issue with my flagdle website