Can't install app form marketplace, stuck in an authentication loop

Description

When i try to install an app from the marketplace the system ask me to login,
but i try to login from the specified menu it tells me i already am:

when i click on connect to rocketchat cloud i’m stuck in an authentication loop that always gets me back to the login screen. while i can connect to https://cloud.rocket.chat/ without problem from my browser.
i already tried syncing: sync ok but not working
i also tried to disconnect/reconnect without luck

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 2.4.9
  • Operating System: Ubuntu 18.04
  • Deployment Method: tar
  • Number of Running Instances: 2
  • DB Replicaset Oplog: mongodb://user:pass@server1name:27017,server2name:27017/local?authSource=admin&replicaSet=rsname"
  • NodeJS Version: v8.17.0
  • MongoDB Version: 4.0.16
  • Proxy: nginx
  • Firewalls involved: Palo Alto

Any additional Information

nothing in the logs
both instance are connected on the info page
don’t see anything blocked by the firewall to/from the instance ip, the proxy ip or the public ip

1 Like

the devtools are showing me an error 400:

Same problem here (rocket.chat-3.0.x).
And when I log in to cloud.rocket.chat I see only one of my 4 rocket.chat installations, which all 4 tell me they are connected to the cloud…

I can’t log in to Cloud with the account I created on my docker instance. I am getting a 401 error in devtools for a GET for a user profile on cloud.rocket.chat and this passes me to the cloud login screen.
Manually adding my instance login returns ‘Incorrect email address or password’
Trying to create a new account with the same credentials returns ‘An error occured! Request ID: 784db84a-6cae-4ced-9843-7005bffbea2a’

I’m having this same issue. Anyone had any luck?

1 Like

Same issue. My server instance in not public facing. Hoping for a resolution since I am unable to update or install apps from the market place.

1 Like

I’m experiencing this same issue as well. I can see the same 400 error url that @woulf is getting when I try. My server instance is public facing so I don’t understand why it’s having issues and I just manually updated to the latest (3.2.2) version. I’d like to install a few things from the marketplace if i could, but alas.

Hi, I just created an account and server instance today and am having the same exact problem. 400 error on the API call, and an infinite login loop.

Using version 3.2.2.

Public facing server on Ubuntu 18.04, followed setup instructions for manual install (not snap), set up nginx for reverse proxy for HTTPS also as per instructions.

I think there may be something wrong with my account on your server, when I initially tried connecting it wouldn’t send the verification email from the Connectivity Services page, I had to reset my cloud password to log in for the first time.

Also whenever I hit “Disconnect” and then “Click here to register your workspace”, it says “An error occurred” in the upper right but it seems to think it is connected because it says “Your workspace is connected to Rocket.Chat Cloud”.

This loop happens regardless if I’m already logged into the cloud or not.

Seeing the same issues here

1 Like

In the same place, as well.

1 Like

I solved with these steps:

1. go to Connectivity Services, click in disconnect.

2. Stop the rocket.chat server - in my case systemctl stop rocketchat

3. connect in mongdb

3-1. db.rocketchat_settings.remove({"_id": “Cloud_Workspace_Id”})

3-2. db.rocketchat_settings.remove({"_id": “Cloud_Workspace_Client_Id”})

3-3. db.rocketchat_settings.remove({"_id": “uniqueID”})

1. start the rocket.chat server - in my case systemctl start rocketchat

2. go to Connectivity Services and make a new register to rocket.chat cloud

2 Likes

How did you connect to Mongodb?

uniqueID from 3-3 is the Deployment ID , am I right?
Where to get the ID information from 3-1 and 3-2 ?
Best Regards

Rico

Greeeeat ! it was THE solution that i was looking for a longtime !!
to be more precise, here in detail what i did
3 : connect to mongodb with mongo mongodb://localhost:27017/rocketchat
3-1,3-2,3-3 avoid copy/paste because of quote ! retype the query is the best :wink:

after restarting the RC service i could register my instance on the rocket cloud !
thanks again for this solution

1 Like

We recently refactored registering workspaces. My suggestion would be login to: http://cloud.rocket.chat delete the single workspace. Hit sync on all 4 workspaces. Should realize not registered. Then follow: Registration - Rocket.Chat Docs

Please delete via cloud console instead now that we have it. Otherwise leaves it kind of orphaned :slight_smile:

Same issue here! Removed the selfhosted server from the cloud connection and also from my rocket.chat installation but when I try to redo the reconnection process it seems to beleive its still connected, so no key or way to reconnect.

Have not tried yet clearing the mongodb data but as I am new to rocket.chat this first issue is so far pooling me back a bit from the self hosted version. Surprised it’s not been addressed.

u delete in rocketchat_settings -> Cloud_Workspace_id ?