Not able to use Marketplace, problem with RocketChat Cloud

Description

I am trying to install an app from the marketplace. My instance is already connected to RocketChat cloud. When I hit install it again asks me to login to RocketChat cloud and when I do that, I get the following message:

The Rocket.Chat Workspace you are attempting to sign into is currently associated with a different Rocket.Chat Cloud account than the one you are signed in with. (faafb2b4-7cd5-40f7-8c00-ad09f5a60cac)

This can not possibly be true, since I have only one cloud account with 6 different rocketchat instances registered on it.

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: latest
  • Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04
  • Deployment Method: docker
  • Number of Running Instances: 6
  • DB Replicaset Oplog:
  • NodeJS Version:
  • MongoDB Version:
  • Proxy: /
  • Firewalls involved: no

Hi @ivica! Welcome to our forums!

I’ll ask our cloud team how they can help on that.

Thanks!

Hi @dudanogueira. Any updates on this?

Thanks.

Hi!

According to one of our cloud engineers, the message should be accurate:

• unfortunately the error message is 100% accurate

• they logged in with an email different then what they registered the workspace with

• What ever email they use to login to cloud.rocket.chat and their workspace shows up with… is the same one they need to sign in on the marketplace page

• otherwise they will get that error

• happens because we can’t allow users that don’t belong to same account as workspace to make purchases for a workspace they don’t own

Have you tried to unregister and registering again with a new token?

I am 100% sure that I am using the same account.

I am just now trying to unregister and register. However, when I unregister and register again, it automatically uses the same token and “auto-registers” me. How can I instruct it to forget the existing token so that it asks me for new one when I click the button to register my workspace?
Let’s see if that fixes the issue…

@dudanogueira any advice for this?

I’ll ask about that. Hang tight.

Sorry for the delay. Were you able to solve this?

if not, please, send me an email with the informations you have registered you workspace with to duda.nogueira@rocket.chat

Thanks!

1 Like