Using the "Rocket.Chat" channel for training workshop

Hello,

I would like to do a free training workshop on “Rocket.Chat and its various features”.

Am I allowed to use the “General” channel of the https://open.rocket.chat server and create private groups to allow me to explain the functions to my learners?

Best regards.

[FR] [droit] Utilisation du canal “Rocket.Chat” pour atelier de formation.

Bonjour,

Je souhaiterai faire un atelier de formation gratuit sur “Rocket.Chat et ses diverses fonctionnalités”.

Ai-je le droit d’utiliser le canal “General” du serveur https://open.rocket.chat et de créer des groupes privés pour me permettre d’expliquer les fonctions à mes apprenants ?

Bien cordialement.

Do you have a description of this “workshop” on the web?

We would like to help you to promote it. And perhaps even assist in continued development.

I’m with Sing. Let us know a bit more about what you’re looking to do and we’ll see what we can do to help out :)`

Hello everyone, and thank you for your first answers :slight_smile:

As part of my studies, I need to create a training action on free software. I chose “Rocket.Chat” because it is a software that will eventually be deployed at my place of work: a university.

My goal is to discover “Rocket.chat”, explain its basic features and illustrate its use to the teaching community in its educational and organizational contribution with students and / or between educational teams.

The software is not yet deployed and wishing to do this training face-to-face teacher about twenty behind their own computer, I wish I could have access to an existing server to show them how.

I found it particularly interesting to use the server of the “support community”, so my learners have a first address to ask their questions if they wish to continue the “Rocket.chat” experience.

One of my first lessons being to design the private group of the course, we will not pollute the general chat room.

But here, not knowing if the support community accepts this kind of practice in their living room, I turn to the forum: Will I have permission to use the server to perform my training workshop?

Best regards.

Max

PS: Forgive me if the translation is bad, I use an automatic translator.

[FR] Bonjour à tous, et merci pour vos premières réponses :slight_smile:

Dans le cadre de mes études, je dois créer une action de formation sur un logiciel libre. J’ai choisi “Rocket.Chat” car c’est un logiciel qui sera éventuellement déployé sur mon lieu de travail : une université.

J’ai pour objectif de faire découvrir “Rocket.chat”, d’en expliquer ses fonctionnalités de base et d’illustrer son usage auprès de la communauté enseignante dans son apport pédagogique et organisationnel avec les étudiants et/ou entre les équipes pédagogiques.

Le logiciel n’étant pas encore déployé et souhaitant faire cette formation en présentiel à une vingtaine d’enseignant derrière leur propre ordinateur, je souhaiterai pouvoir avoir accès à un serveur existant pour leur montrer le fonctionnement.

J’ai trouvé particulièrement intéressant d’utiliser le serveur de la “communauté support”, ainsi mes apprenants ont une première adresse pour poser leurs questions s’ils souhaitent poursuivre l’expérience “Rocket.chat”.

L’une de mes premières leçons étant de concevoir le groupe privé du cours, nous ne polluerons pas le salon de discussion général.

Mais voilà, ne sachant pas si la communauté support accepte ce genre de pratique dans leur salon, je me tourne vers le forum : Est-ce que j’aurai l’autorisation d’utiliser le serveur pour effectuer mon atelier de formation ?

Bien cordialement.

Max

PS : Pardonnez moi si la traduction est mauvaise, j’utilise un traducteur automatique.

We love you already @graphiboy

Please go ahead and let us know your progress, or if you need help or assistance from us.

In the meantime, if you would not mind, please send an email to sing.li@rocket.chat and let me know privately which university this program is for. Thanks again.

[EN] That’s it :slight_smile:

Thank you for your response, and I’ll let you know about the next events.
Yours truly.

[FR] Voilà qui est fait :slight_smile:

Merci pour votre réponse, et je vous tiens au courant de la suite des évènements.
Bien à vous.