The application GUI just crashed


Hi, I upgraded several rocket chat servers from 6.2.8 to 6.3.1 and in that version there are crashes of the system, specially when creating a new user, and when trying to acces the user info. I got this screen

Just to be sure, I created a temporal server from version 4.8.1 and I was upgrading gradually, and I noticed that the issue began in version 6.3.0

Unfortunatelly, I can’t downgrade the version to the 6.2.8 that was working fine. What could be this error and how to fix it?

Thank you and regards

Server Setup Information

  • Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 6.3.1
  • Operating System: Devuan 4
  • Number of Running Instances: 4
  • NodeJS Version: v14.21.3
  • MongoDB Version: db version v5.0.20
  • Proxy: apache

Any additional Information

To be honest, I don’t know if this is related to the issue but I found this in the nodaemon log of the instances

{"level":40,"time":"2023-08-17T23:54:15.326Z","pid":2469,"hostname":"rocket-varios","name":"DeprecationWarning","section":"API","msg":"The parameter \"fields\" in the endpoint \"/api/v1/users.list\" is deprecated and will be removed on version 7.0.0"}

{"level":40,"time":"2023-08-17T23:54:15.327Z","pid":2469,"hostname":"rocket-varios","name":"DeprecationWarning","section":"API","msg":"The parameter \"query\" in the endpoint \"/api/v1/users.list\" is deprecated and will be removed on version 7.0.0"}

I suffer from exactly the same problem. Both in updated version and fresh installed new version with snap package.

Apart from that, I also have problems with chat and group channels that stop working randomly for several users.

I haven’t found any solution.

Ok, something weird happened just today. I created a new instance in the same server. Updated to 6.3.1 in order to make tests

I found this in the developer console of the browser when the GUI crashes


The file is

I figured out that the issue was about the language or the server time. First I tried to change language

It was default, I changed to english. For some reason it worked, when I tried to change to spanish, it failed. I tried to change to default and it worked. I came back to General settings and the language option just disappeared and it was working smoothly!!! I reloaded with hard refresh, the language settings came back and the crashes too

I have no idea of this black magic!! Should I light a black candle?

Hi Arturo

I had the same error, change the language to English, refresh the screen and now when I select users it doesn’t give me the application Crash and I can select the user without problems and modify it.

I hope this helps you, it solved the other problem I had with the users.

Note: I think that when using “Spanish Spain” the error does not occur but I could not validate it because it seems that not everyone has that option in the profile as can be seen in the image.


Postscript: By the way, thanks to you and what you put regarding the time and language, we found this workaround.

@Itech thank you for following this thread

Please, community of developers, this isn’t a solution, this is a workaround. It doesn’t work in other translations, only in english