• Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog: Enabled
  • NodeJS Version: 14.18.3 - x64
  • MongoDB Version: 5.0.9
  • Proxy: nginx
  • Firewalls involved:

Any additional Information

Hello!
My RocketChat server was 4.2.0 version and MongoDB was 4.0.27.
The server was showing a message: “MongoDB version 4.0.27 is deprecated, please upgrade your installation.”
I made migration MongoDB from mmapv1 engine to wiredTiger engine and upgraded server to 4.8.1 version.
Now I have several problems with interaction clients with server.
Windows desktop apps not change user status, not show notification about new messages and not update number of unread messages. At the same time, messages are sent and received.
If I manually change user status, then windows client start endlessly connect-disconnect to server.
Also endlessly reconnecting to server if I login Rocketchat via browsers (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or MS Edge). Very soon I see “too many requests” messages in browser tab. If I switch to Windows app at this moment, I also see these one messages. In Nginx log I see at this moment records like
“GET /sockjs/630/o_5g1nze/websocket HTTP/1.1” 101 114 …"
“GET /_timesync HTTP/1.1” 200 13
These records are very often from one IP - from 1 to 5 per second.

Android apps also try reconnecting without end.

It looks like Rocketchat clients interaction with server is broken. Windows clients not update info from server. Web clients and Android apps in endlessly reconnecting state.

P.S. Server has a LDAP authentification setting. Sorry for my bad English.

Maybe this help somebody. I downgrade mongodb from 5.0 to 4.4 and now connect-disconnect problem is gone. Also no problem with unread messages counter.
Maybe Proxmox VE and Mongodb 5.0 incompatible.
Now only one problem left. Some users show status online while these users are offline. Their computers are off.