I am trying rocketchat in a multitenant architecture. I came across a problem wherein I had to have all 60 collections of rocketchat inside each tenant db. When the server is starting, the rocketchat db is configured based on the env variable MONGO_URL. By this way I was able to have chats of multiple tenants in a single database. At the end of the day, having a single common database for chat is not what I want. I am trying to isolate each tenant chat from one another. i.e., either by having separate chat db for each tenant or dumping rocketchat collections inside each tenant.
Is there a way to do either of those?
Server Setup Information
- Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 3.1.0-develop
- Operating System: Linux
- Deployment Method: Kubernetes (Docker)
- Number of Running Instances: 1
- DB Replicaset Oplog: Enabled
- NodeJS Version: 12.14.1 - x64
- MongoDB Version: 4.2.5