Push Notification Not Working for Android or iOS

Description

I have successfully setup rocket chat community edition on my local server. I can access the server on mobile and desktop on computers remotely and I managed to receive messages if I opened the app. However, I cannot receive the message if the app is not opened on Android and iOS. Only when I open the app, then it refreshes and I can receive it.
I am registered, so these services are available which includes Mobile Push Notifications> however, when I go to cloud.rocket.chat and access the Workspaces, my push notification counter is still at 0/10,000. Which means its not pushing. What did I do wrong. Hopefully someone can enlightened me. Thanks.

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 6.1.0
  • Operating System: Android
  • Deployment Method: docker
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog:
  • NodeJS Version: 14.21.2
  • MongoDB Version: 5.0.15
  • Proxy: nginx proxy manager
  • Firewalls involved:

Any additional Information

Setup Server: ubuntu 22.04

Hi! I have the same case!

Version
Deployment ID
ZysbDvJHmaRwFPu8s
Apps Engine Version
Node Version
v14.21.2
Database Migration
292 (April 27, 2023 6:28 PM)
MongoDB
6.0.5 / wiredTiger (oplog Enabled)
Commit Details
HEAD: (44da8e3e4)
Branch: HEAD

Push notifications does not work anymore((

Firstly, ensure that your mobile devices are registered to receive push notifications from Rocket.Chat. To do this, check that the notification settings on your mobile device are enabled for Rocket.Chat.

Secondly, check that the Rocket.Chat mobile app is configured to receive push notifications. You can do this by going to the app settings and ensuring that push notifications are enabled.

If both of these settings are correct, it is possible that there is an issue with the push notification server. Check that the push notification server is properly configured in your Rocket.Chat server settings. The push notification server can be configured in the Admin panel under the Push tab. You may also want to check the logs for any errors related to push notifications.

It is also possible that the firewall on your server or network is blocking the push notification server from communicating with your mobile devices. Ensure that any necessary ports are open and that the push notification server is allowed through any firewalls.

Finally, check that the mobile devices are properly registered with your Rocket.Chat server. This can be done by checking the user settings in the Admin panel and ensuring that the mobile devices are listed as registered.

I hope this helps you resolve the issue with push notifications on your Rocket.Chat server.

I confirm this issue. Everything is configured correctly as far as I can see. I even disabled firewall on the server. Push notifications are enabled. I tried to send a test notification, and I’m getting the popup telling me that it has been sent to 1 device. However, in the cloud panel 0/10000 notifications are in stats, and I didn’t get any notification on my phone. There is also nothing in logs.

Something is definitely wrong.

Rocket.Chat 6.2.2 here.
Nginx as reverse proxy.

Added:
It looks like the server restart fixed it. It should be investigated, why it happens.