Problem with status and show user info in direct messages

I have migrated from 1.3.2 to 4.8.1. Unfortunately, it failed to do so and I had errors while migrating.

I decided to install a clean installation of version 4.8.1 (manual installation), and then move the contents of the tables (users, messages, rooms) via mongodb. Data and users were read correctly - all users have history of conversations.

I only have a problem with the visibility of users’ status in the panel on the right (direct messages) - instead of statuses I have “@”. Additionally, I noticed that when I enter direct message with someone, clicking on the top right on user info shows an empty window. Is it possible to fix this?

If I create a new user in the new version of Rocketchat then the status works fine.

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server:
  • Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04
  • Deployment Method: tar
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog:
  • NodeJS Version: 14.20
  • MongoDB Version: 4.4
  • Proxy: nginx
  • Firewalls involved: no

Hi!

You should not dump data from older versions and restore it on newer ones, as you may miss some migrations along the way.

I suggest you to:

dump data db from 1.X version
run the very same 1.x version using docker
restore data db to this docker instance
migrate it slowly, not jumping major versions

This should produce a working, upgraded instance.

Regarding the issues you are having, is really hard to troubleshooting it, as it may be caused by a missing migration, and not sure about how you did that migration on the first place.

Let me know if this helps.