Omnichannel - receive and reply to an email

Hello,

I’ve been looking at the docs and how rocketchat interacts with emails (particularly omnichannel) isn’t clear to me. I would like to receive emails through the omnichannel and possibly respond to such emails. Now, I am aware that I can forward emails through a webhook and that will be made possible through mail providers (e.g. sendgrid) and I’ve done this with other services so this is not a problem. Will it be possible to reply to the email once it comes into rocketchat? Has anyone integrated emails and has any ideas or a pointer in the docs that I can use. For context, my installation is okay and I am able to send and receive sms messages via twillio without a problem. My goal is to add the second channel (i.e. email) hence this question. Any help on this will be much appreciated.

Did you get this working, @bmwas ? We have setup omnichannel on a self-hosted Rocket Chat server, running CentOS Linux. The chatting part of omnichannel is working. However, when the session ends, and the person requests a transcript, no transcript is sent. Does anybody know where I can look to trouble shoot this? This is on a linux server. The server has a MTA installed and configured. I don’t see any messages being sent off the server, and there appears to be none in the mail queue, either. The logs don’t show anything trying to be sent, either.