macOS 10.14.4 - Rock.chat Client 2.15.1 + Jitsi - connectivity issue

Hi guys,

we are currently running some tests with rocket.chat to see if this fulfilling all our needs in the company.
Beside the local installation we have also a local jitsi meet installation.

Users on the latest macOS 10.14.4 (released beginning of the week) are not able to join the jitsi video call via the macOS client. If they use a chrome browser it is working fine.
Users with macOS 10.14.3 don’t have the issue. So I guess it is somehow related to the macOS client.

I’m also not able to reproduce the same situation with the Windows or linux client.

Problem details:
They can join the video call but they are not able to see or hear anyone else. Looks like STUN did not get triggered.

Best regards
Timmi

Hi,
the same problem, On macOS 10.14.4 when users try to join, just open safari and no video

Is this an issue of Rocket.Chat or Jitsi Meet itself? Are you able to reproduce the issue on Jitsi Meet outside of Rocket.Chat?

This issue is both Rocket.Chat and Jitsi Meet itself. But this user has only Safari, no Chrome installed.

Since Rocket.Chat embeds Jitsi Meet, if the user has an issue with Jitsi outside of Rocket.Chat, I think this issue should be discussed on Jisti’s forum.