I set up a new instance of Rocket.Chat for my school. It works fine beside that I can’t get user notifications working. My users are synced from the school LDAP, including email. But when I look at the users profile it says E-Mail: “not verified”, and so users do not get (offline) notifications.
SMTP server is configured correcty and I can send a test email from Rocket.Chat.
Server Setup Information
- Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 3.8.1
- Operating System: Debian 10
- Deployment Method: tar
- Number of Running Instances: 1
- DB Replicaset Oplog: active
- NodeJS Version: v12.18.4
- MongoDB Version: 4.2.10
- Proxy: nginx
- Firewalls involved: Shorewall/ Iptables