Grey Screen after 5.4.2

Description

After Snap updating our instance to 5.4.2 all Desktop Users only get an grey screen.
Mobile Clients working as well as all the time.
After rolling back vom 5.x/stable channel to 5.x/beta it is working as expected.

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 5.4.2
  • Operating System: Ubuntu 18.04
  • Deployment Method: snap
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog:
  • NodeJS Version:
  • MongoDB Version:
  • Proxy: caddy
  • Firewalls involved:

Any additional Information

Hi!

welcome to our community!

Were you able to solve this? It might be a cache problem :grimacing:

let me know if you still need help migrating.

I’ve got the same problem after updating from 5.4.0 to 5.4.(2,3,4). Mobile Clients still work, but the client and website only show the grey screen. There are no related error messages in the logs. snap revert to 5.4.0 works though. I’ve got no idea what causes this. Database upgrade/migration problem?

Hi,
thanks. No for the moment I freeze the snap version at 5.3.4.

Would this be a snap specific issue?

I prefer to always deploy with docker/k8s instead of snap.

One thing I would do is try migrating away from snap into docker, to the same version, and testing this migration.

Please, let me know if this is possible, or join us in our Community Room and I can have a close look on your deployment.

Thanks!

I had a similar issue with Rocket.Chat 5.4.2. However, the screen on desktop browsers would not immediately appear gray. Instead, it would turn gray after a few short minutes. Reloading the page would bring the display back, but it would always again turn to gray within a few minutes.

In my case, I installed Rocket.Chat through the official DigitalOcean image, which uses Snap. Earlier this week, I updated my instance from 5.4.2 to 6.0.0, and this issue appears to now be fixed.

Hi

currently we cannot switch to docker. I already joined the Community Room.