Enforcing Registration Requirement to Utilize Push Gateway

Okay I just tried it again and it works.

Now can someone please explain to me how we can register our self hosted RC server?

Thanks in advance.

Glad it worked.

Here’s a guide on how to register your self-hosted Rocket.Chat Workspace: https://docs.rocket.chat/guides/administrator-guides/connectivity-services

I just logged into my admin console and tried it from a) the app and b) my web browser. Both times I am getting the same error. Please see the enclosed screen grab:

Try to delete the workspace inside Rocket.Chat Cloud and create a new self-hosted workspace then use the code provided. It looks like your workspace was pre-registered and some reason the token isn’t working anymore. If you remove the one listed in Rocket.Chat Cloud and create a new one, it should work. Let me know after you try that how it goes.

Okay I’m not sure what I did but after ‘syncing’ in my connectivity services it ‘seems’ to be working. Can you verify this please?

I can indeed verify you did it correctly, it is registered. :+1:

Thank you aaron. I’d love to register. but… (the email adres is definitely never used before, I just set it up)

Solved it:
As it seems the Rocket.Chat app pre registers the emailadress. Now tested with 2 new emails and 2 different Rocket.Chat installations. A bummer is that you don’t see a password reset link on that login page. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ This makes it unnecessary difficult to register. :frowning:

Its there :see_no_evil: It does seem the contrast is pretty hard tell its an action button

Let me bring this up with design, this for sure should be changed

I did not see that at all with that contrast. I did not even see the Password and E-Mailadress. Sry old fart need glasses…oh I have. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Hello, how can I reset the connectivity services in rocket chat and re-token it? I made the error of connecting the wrong instance with the wrong account. As those are different companies I don’t want them intertwined in any wich way. Deleteing the service in the cloud.rocketchat and disconnecting did not seem to do the trick, as it always wants to reconnect with the wrong account. I also don’t want to reset Rocket.Chat as a whole because its 3 years of devs conversation stored. Please help.

Login to the account you want to unlink from on https://cloud.rocket.chat click the 3 dots on right side and delete.

Then in connectivity services hit sync. It’ll realize it’s been de-registered when it tries to talk and then allow you to enter a token again.

Then you can link with the appropriate account.

Actualy it does not. I have done so. and then I miss the manual part on the page. If I click the blue button again, I will be forwarded to the Rocket cloud login. When I enter the correct credentials, the login page just refreshes (It does seem to throw an invisible error).
When I login into the correct Rocket.cloud manually the workspace part is empty. So I can login to the account but something something is going wrong when connecting out of rocket.chat.

Found the “invisible error”: I get an 500 by the Server with this URL

Wich makes kind of sense, because that instance is not accessible by the internet.

When I click “disconnect”, I can only connect again via O-Auth wich does not work. The manual buttons will not reappear. :frowning:

Removed link for privacy. I’ll reply in DM so can help you more directly with specific account related things. :grin:

Publishing your own apps with custom push notification API keys, getting them into the app/play store and keeping them updated is quite the effort. Can’t you make the API keys configurable (maybe even getting them from the server), so it would be easy to use our own google/apple accounts?
If this is really just about your costs for running the API gateway, that should be a solution that can make many people happy.

what happened if i will not register my server?

The certificates are configurable at the Rocket.Chat instance side, you need to get yours, configure there and publish your apps compiled with them. Unfortunately, it’s not dynamic, there is no way other than compile the apps with the certificates, and we can’t share our certificates or anyone would be able to push notifications to our apps, that’s why we had to create the gateway. The registration enforcement is the way we found to protect our gateway against malicious users and provide a stable service for the real users. We will charge later to cover the infrastructure costs and prevent abuse of the service, or course it will be a revenue to keep improving the product and services as well.

If you rely on our push gateway (you are using our official mobile apps) the push notifications will stop working on Aug 14h. If you have your own mobile apps or you are not using mobile apps it will not affect you. Registering your server you receive the access to our Apps Marketplace as well to install plugins.

1 Like

Hello
I just tried to Register our self-hosted workspace, but when i copied the code from cloud rocket chat and pasted it, it showed “An error occured connecting”.
Then it registered our domain as “https://your-workspace-address”!! not our rocket chat server real domain
Then i tried to remove it from the cloud to register it again, the removal succeeded on the cloud dashboard, but keeps giving me “An error occurred syncing” on my workspace admin area when i click on disconnect and register.

Version 3.4.2

Help please?

Update: Click on Sync gives, An error occurred syncing

Update2: error back in the console shown is:

rocket.mydomain.com rocketchat-server.rocketchat-server[14326]: Failed to get AccessToken from Rocket.Chat Cloud. Error: oauth_unable_to_find_workspace

Which is logical, as i already deleted it from the cloud, but can’t delete it from my dashboard

Facing same issue, did you fix it and manage to re-register?

I am back at the system in 2 days, then I can try, but I think we have a solution.
I will get back at you when I tried.

1 Like

Hi, firstly I am sorry but I didn’t understand anything. If I did not register my rocket chat server on the cloud, my push notifications will be stopped. If I register the cloud with community edition, push notifications will be 5k, and I am not paying for 5k push notifications. And lastly, if I use 5001+ push notifications, I will be paid for this.

So if I understand this truth, I have a lot of questions. What should I pay extra push notifications? Push notifications settings is will be limited? I just want to limit my push notifications. If I use 5k push notifications, by notifications will be stopped for another month. I don’t want to pay extra push notifications. So I don’t want to pay extra costs.