Cloud registration token problem

Description

I run rocketchat in a docker on my synology NAS and have pointed a FQNS to it. Now I want to register to the cloud but I have some trouble with that as it says “The Rocket.Chat Workspace you are attempting to sign into is currently associated with a different Rocket.Chat Cloud account than the one you are signed in with. (token)”.

I tried to remove all details in the wizard screen and re-register but which combination I try on the wizard page and the connectivity services page it won’t work. I also tried with restarting the docker several times.

When I register manually on my cloud account it gives me a token and it says “Paste this token into your workspace:
Admin > Connectivity Services > Token”

But I don’t see this token field on the page. What am I missing here?

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 5.1.2
  • Operating System: default rocketchat docker
  • Deployment Method: docker
  • Number of Running Instances:
  • DB Replicaset Oplog: enabled
  • NodeJS Version: 14.19.3
  • MongoDB Version: 4.2.19
  • Proxy: buildin nginx of synology
  • Firewalls involved: no

###Additional information

I found something on manually register with an API but I don’t know how or where or if this actually is my problem.

Thanks in advance for any direction in this.

Hi!

You probably has two cloud accounts, and the workspace you are trying to register is already associated to this other account.

You will need to enter on that account and remove it, otherwise, you will not be able register with this new account.

Each Rocket.Chat installation has a Unique ID, and once it get’s tied to a cloud Account, it cannot be associated to a different account.

Let me know if this helps.

Also, there is a “way around”, which involves cleaning all cloud info from your Rocket.Chat workspace.

But this NOT is a suggested NOR ideal solution, as you would need to clear all Cloud_* settings values directly from Mongo DB settings collection.

1 Like

Thank you so much, this gives me some direction to search/findout. I would rather do it the clean way :sunglasses: