Cannot start Jitsi videocall in livechat room Rocketchat > 6.6

Hi,

I have been using the rocketchat server since version 5 over 4 months ago and have Jitsi set up as a provider for video calls, which I use when a contact joins via livechat. Everything was fine until I installed version 6.6.0 where I started having problems because when starting the video call in a new room (from livechat) rocketchat freezes. This happened again in the new version 6.6.1 and couldn’t find the problem. To solve it I had to downgrade to version 6.5.3. As information, I have the Jitsi application in the latest version available. Can you help me diagnose or does anyone else get this problem? In any other room, as a direct message or channel, it doesn’t happen to me, the video call starts fine in a new browser window. Thank you

Video:

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 6.6.1 (Community)
  • Operating System: ubuntu server 22.04
  • Deployment Method: tar
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog:
  • NodeJS Version: 14.21.3
  • MongoDB Version: 5.0.22
  • Proxy: nginx
  • Firewalls involved: none
1 Like

I think i have the same issue though I can start calls in new/empty rooms.

I am not 100% sure it is linked to Jitsi but if i try to enter a room where there were historic Jitsi calls → browser and electron client load/hang infintely and do not display the channel contents. The developer console on browser does not yield any results.

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 6.6.3 (Community)
  • Operating System: RHEL
  • Deployment Method: custom
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • NodeJS Version: 14.21.3
  • MongoDB Version: 6.0.14

this is an Offline Installation with no access to internet.

Hello!
I updated to 6.7.0 and the problem is gone.