Windows application one hour ahead

Description

The Rocket.chat application for windows shows the time of messages with 1 hour difference, the time of messages is 1 hour ahead of the time that was actually sent, the problem only occurs in the windows application, as Brazil no longer has the daylight saving time so there is no reason to go forward by 1 hour,

Server Setup Information

Rocket.Chat Version: 2.4.9
NodeJS Version: 8.11.4 - x64
MongoDB Version: 4.0.13
MongoDB Engine: wiredTiger
Platform: linux (ubuntu 16.04 LTS)
ReplicaSet OpLog: Enabled
Commit Hash: db19111d14 |

Any additional Information

Check and adjust your servers time. Likely it is still using day light savings even though your client has recognized that day light savings isnt happening.

i Checked this but the time in the server is correct

root@nuvem:~# timedatectl
Local time: Wed 2020-02-12 09:55:32 -03
Universal time: Wed 2020-02-12 12:55:32 UTC
RTC time: n/a
Time zone: America/Sao_Paulo (-03, -0300)
System clock synchronized: yes
systemd-timesyncd.service active: yes
RTC in local TZ: no

but, in windows app

Captura de tela de 2020-02-12 09.57.01

Have you confirmed desktop client is updated to the latest version? I remember people running into this issue before when the daylight savings first was skipped.

@tasso.evangelista maybe you know what version it was fixed on? I did a quick search through and didn’t see it in the release notes

@aaron.ogle Since 2.17.0.

2 Likes

Thought so! @marcxd updating the desktop client should do the trick :slight_smile: Should make sure to do that from time to time so you can get fixes like this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

the version is really out of date, however the chat is not checking if there is a new version, I will update it manually and if the problem persists I will reopen the topic

Clipboard - 14 de Fevereiro de 2020 às 13_26

I believe the update check has been fixed in later releases as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like