Unable to change Avatar on new install

Description

We installed a new RocketChat application, and restored the previous mongodb instance data over to this one. Everything went smooth, and working fine as expected except the Avatar section. We were using Gravatar image, and when I switch it to the normal initial one it worked but I cannot switch it back to the Gravatar image or upload a new one. It just displays success message but reverting back to the normal letter image.

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 2.4.0
  • Operating System: CentOS 7
  • Deployment Method: rocketchatctl command
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog: Enabled
  • NodeJS Version: 8.17.0
  • MongoDB Version: 4.0.14
  • Proxy: none
  • Firewalls involved: CSF firewall

Any additional Information

There is nothing logged in View Logs section while replicating this. Is there any other log file available to check?

nevermind, I sorted this issue

Hello,
Can you explain how you fixed this please ? I’m facing the same issues here. I’m using the same config as you too.
Thanks.

@hantsaniala

That was a ownership issue on ufs folder, where its actually being stored temporarily while uploading an image in RocketChat.

I corrected the ownership of the folder /tmp/ufs/ to the correct user running RocketChat instance.

I hope the above helps you to solve yours, else we may have to wait for others to point out other possibilities.

Thanks for the answer but now, I don’t know how, but the image is uploading and stuck there, after some time, when I look at the content of the /tmp/ufs folder, there is 22Go of temporary file and the cl-root of my server is getting full. So I must reboot the server and manually remove that file from the temp folder. Any idea ? And the avatar still doesn’t change.