The ios version cannot be logged in

We have one iPhone currently unable to login, all other iPhones work fine. When trying to log in it keeps hanging on SSO tap which turns black and never disappears, When closing the screen x left top, than it returns to the login page.

Delete and reinstall app no success
We can log in to the server via a safari or brave browsers on the particular iPhone.

We are running the app version 4.29.0.34197 on a RocketChat 4.8.1 server

Hi!

Can you check your ssl configs? Try using those online SSL Checkers against our open.rocket.chat server.

I have seen this kind of problem when TLS 1.3 is enforced.

Still no luck, this is what I did:

• On the iPhone installed the app TLS inspector
  • check my-domain, with the inspector, and it displays negotiated version TLS1.3
  • login to my Cloudflare account go to domain, menu item SSL/TLS selected Edge certificates.
  • go down disable TLS 1.3
  • check my-domain, with the inspector again, and it displays negotiated version TLS1.2
  • delete rocket.chat app from the iPhone and reinstall.
  • login to server with users credentials and it keeps hanging as before

With the specific iPhone I am able to login to open.rocket.chat, so it must be an issue with our local setup.

the TLS inspector mentions further:

• Content security policy (green mark)
  • Referrer-Policy (red mark)
  • Strict-Transport-Security (red mark)
  • X-Content-Type options (green mark)
  • X-Frame-Options (red mark)
  • X-XSS-Protection (green mark)

A little more investigation learned me that https://open.rocket.chat also runs on TLS1.3 so is this the issue at my server to be not able to connect with iPhones?

AFAIK, it supports it, but doesn’t enforce it.

And yes, a lot of issues that touches reverse proxy are usually related to the infra, as we have tons of servers, including our open.rocket.chat that has all kinds of devices connected to it.

I have a “cookie cutter” script here that delivers a traefik “ready to fight”, if it helps you.

I have been using traefik a lot, as it couples well with docker and k8s.

Hi Dudanogueira,
could you please elaborate a little on your “Cookie Cutter” script and possibly send it to me? I experience some hard to track down log-in issues (because they appear to be somewhat random) which might be related to this. (just a gut feeling so far)
Bests and thanks,
Mathis

Hi @mathis.nitschke ! welcome to our Community :hugs:

I forgot to add the link, sorry :frowning:

It lives here:

I just noticed that it has the old docker template for Rocket.Chat, but you can use the same traefik container, and just copy over the labels from Rocket.Chat to get the same result.

I will update it soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Only the iOS client lacks an error hint, and when I click it, there is no response, making it appear as though I did not. Strangely, Android and the browser both function flawlessly. In the server logs, I can also see the ios login record, but nothing is there to go with it.

I have a bit of a similar issue but it is only with iPad, so all devises including iPhone can connect to rocket but iPad cannot connect to my server or to open.rocket.chat not sure if this is related

Hi!

What version of the server you are running?

Are you using Safari or the iOS App?

We currently have 5.4 server. I am trying to login with iOS app. on my iPhone everything works not on my iPad. iPad I have reinstalled the app, reset the iPad to default. iPad is running on M1 chip.

Ok I think it is literally my iPad I just tried on my spare iPad it is working. I will try to see what is up with the iPad since it is working everywhere except for 1 iPad

Hum.

That’s interesting.

Can you share us the iOS versions of the Ipad not working?

Thanks!

So the iPad that was not working the iPad OS version is 16.1.
To get it working I had to reset the network settings to get it working.
The issue is all fixed now.

1 Like

it is possible that the issue is related to the server configuration or the app’s ability to handle the subdirectory path.

Here are a few more suggestions that might help:

1. Try accessing the server directly in a web browser using the same URL format (https://***.com/subPath) to see if it loads properly. If it does not, there might be an issue with the server configuration that is causing the problem.
  2. Check the app’s code and configuration settings to ensure that it is set up to handle the subdirectory path properly. It is possible that the app is not configured to handle this path correctly, which could be causing the login issue.
  3. Consider testing the app on different iOS devices or simulators to see if the issue is device-specific or affects all iOS users. This could help narrow down the scope of the problem and identify potential solutions.
  4. Contact the app developer’s support team again and provide them with the additional information you have gathered. They may be able to provide more specific guidance or help troubleshoot the problem.

Overall, it seems like the issue might be related to the server configuration or the app’s ability to handle the subdirectory path. Testing the server directly in a web browser, checking the app’s code and configuration settings, and testing on different iOS devices are all good places to start.