"Sign in to start talking" and "Or talk as anonymous" buttons don't work

Description

When, without being logged in, one loads a Rocket.Chat instance in a web browser and proceeds to a channel, the “Sign in to start talking” and “Or talk as anonymous” buttons do not work at all. Clicking on them does nothing. I have noticed this bug since at least version 5.3.0.

rocketchat-new-user-buttons

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 5.3.1
  • Operating System: Ubuntu
  • Deployment Method: DigitalOcean official package
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog:
  • NodeJS Version: v14.19.3
  • MongoDB Version: 5.0.6 / wiredTiger (oplog Enabled)

Hi!

This is a known issue:

Thanks!

Thank you for letting me know about this. Unfortunately, this bug still persists in v. 5.3.4.

Is there any way that resolution of this bug might be prioritized? It has absolutely killed my forum.

Unfortunately, this bug persists in v. 5.4.0, too. :slightly_frowning_face:

Hi! A PR has been produced!

Thanks for pointing it out :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing this good news! :pray:

I hope this fix also addresses the issue of the “Sign in to start talking” button not working. :slightly_smiling_face:

As soon as the PR gets merged, you can try it out running a Rocket.Chat with the image tag develop

Thanks!

The bug with “Sign in to start talking?” and “Or talk as anonymous” buttons not working persists in Rocket.Chat 5.4.4. This bug makes my instance (and no doubt many others) all but useless. When might one reasonably expect a fix to be released?

It was fixed in 6.0.0 already.

You can test it using the develop docker image tag

When is the official release of Rocket.Chat 6.0.0 expected?

Hi!

We are at 6.0.0-rc.12 already, so anytime this week, maybe today, it should be out!

Edit: 6.0.0 is out!!!

1 Like

Thank you so much, Duda! I have successfully upgraded my Rocket.Chat instance to version 6.0.0, and I can confirm that guest posting works again. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like