I’m new to rocket.chat and after getting somehow far, I’m missing a few things for the specific scenario I’m working on and I would be glad if you could help:
I’m looking for using rocket.chat for a live chat that is displayed next to a livestream on a website to enable visitors to ask questions and chat witch each other. This means, the core functionality is: one chat room, multiple users, no user registration process.
I created a new room and embedded it with ?layout=embedded. I also enabled the anonymous read and write and stripped the chat down to a simple version (no files, no threads, etc.). Now a few issues remained:
- Can I skip the page “login or set a username” and go directly to the “enter your username for the session” or even assign random names?
- can I disable the “show full profile” links that come up once you click on the profile pictures? As this brings up the sidebar, it’s not what I would like the users to do.
Thanks a lot!
- Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 4.5.4
- Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04
- Deployment Method: DigitalOcean template
- Number of Running Instances: 1
- DB Replicaset Oplog:
- NodeJS Version: v14.18.3
- MongoDB Version: 5.0.6
- Proxy: traefik (?)
- Firewalls involved: ufw