Setup assistent is shown again after restoring db content on fresh installation

Hi everybody,

Description

I had to setup the whole machine from scratch and saved all mongodb content using ‘mongodump’ before.
Then reinstalled everything; Rocket.Chat shows the setup assistent. Stopped the Rocket.Chat service and replaced all mongodb content using the backup data using ‘mongorestore’. I can verify that the old db content has been stored (e.g. collection ‘users’ shows the previously existing users).
Restarted Rocket.Chat and expected the normal login screen but the setup assistent is shown instead.

How should I proceed? What data has to be restored as well?
Thank you!
Uli

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 2.1.0
  • Commit Hash: c95663d2ca
  • Operating System: Ubuntu Server 18.04
  • Deployment Method: tar
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog: Enabled
  • NodeJS Version: 8.15.1
  • MongoDB Version: 4.0.12
  • Proxy: none
  • Firewalls involved: none

Any additional Information

The log shows an entry that gives hint but I don’t understand it:

“Setting Setup Wizard to “in_progress” because, at least, one admin was found”

In case anyone else stumbles upon this…

I had a similar issue in Chrome however when I tried it in Firefox, it worked OK (I got the login screen instead of the setup wizard). So I went back to Chrome, cleared all my cookies for the domain (in my case localhost), and then it worked fine in Chrome as well.

FYI, in my rocketchat_settings collection, the “Show_Setup_Wizard” setting has:

• packageValue: ‘pending’
  • value: ‘completed’

^^^ It had these values both before and after I cleared cookies.

In app/ui-master/client/main.js, I added some logging below the Show_Setup_Wizard assignment:

const Show_Setup_Wizard = settings.get('Show_Setup_Wizard');
console.log('Show_Setup_Wizard', Show_Setup_Wizard);

Before clearing my cookies, that log output was “Pending”. After clearing cookies, the output changed to “Completed”.

If I remember right, I briefly started my RC instance with a fresh (empty) DB before switching to my restored DB so this might have set a cookie linked to the fresh DB that caused the problem after switching to the restored DB.

This might be different case than the OP had since my Show_Setup_Wizard was not set to in_progress from the looks of it.