Restore Rocket.chat after purging database

Description

I had to purge my whole MongoDB instance, and now my rocket.chat doesn’t work. It doesn’t create a database, it doesn’t even use a database. I completed the manual installation of the rocket.chat server once again, but it proposes me to login, instead of bringing up the setup wizard. I have authorization enabled on my MongoDB instance, but that does not appear as an issue as the rocket.chat instance does not work as intended even with it disabled. What do I do to reset rocket.chat instance to its normal state?

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 5.1.1
  • Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04
  • Deployment Method: Manual
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog:
  • NodeJS Version: 14.20.0
  • MongoDB Version: 5.0.12
  • Proxy: None
  • Firewalls involved: None

Hi! Welcome to our community.

As you are using a manual deployment, it can get tricky to do help on that or debug it, as your environment may be different from common environments.

Let me understand, you want to install a clean, fresh instace?

Have you consider running it with Docker?

thanks!

Hi dudanogueira, thanks for your reply.

Yes, that’s what I would like to have - a clean, fresh instance of Rocket.Chat server, manually deployed.

I did not yet consider deployment using any other methods apart from the Manual one. I’d like to have a clean manual installation, although I can try redeployment using the other methods as a last resort.

If you need any logs, screenshots, system information, I am ready to provide any of that for you.

Looking forward to your reply!

If you have deleted the Rocket.Chat’s database in Mongo, it should create a brand new one upon start.

can you try purging mongo and installing it again?