MongoDB is repeating to clean our rocket.chat system: dropDatabase

Description

I already opened a thread about this on GitHub. Since I’m a new user I somehow can’t post any links here. The thread has the same name and follows issue number 21496.
Since nobody could help me till now I’m hoping for you guys!

We are currently facing a problem that is almost driving us crazy. After several hours of error analysis and several days of frustration, we are now turning to you in the hope that you may be able to help us. We are running a RocketChat instance v3.12.0 on our Dedicated Server with Plesk Obsidian under Ubuntu 20.04 (64 bit) via Docker container.

This has served us for months now excellent services, but then suddenly from one day to the next on March 26th it got wiped piece by piece. At first some users got overwritten, then messages and settings where lost. From the MongoDB container logs we can see that the database started to resolve itself at some point: dropDatabase

After checking logs, ports and settings, but not really finding out what the problem was, we felt compelled to restore an 1 week old backup from 03/18. This worked for like 3-4 days, but then it hit us again.

In the MongoDB container’s log I could found multiple records of dropping databases:

2021-03-26T16:27:57.234+0000 I COMMAND [conn42] dropDatabase rocketchat - starting
2021-03-26T16:27:57.234+0000 I COMMAND [conn42] dropDatabase rocketchat - dropping 76 collections
2021-03-26T16:27:57.234+0000 I COMMAND [conn42] dropDatabase rocketchat - dropping collection: rocketchat.rocketchat_federation_room_events

I can’t post any more logs here, since new users are only allowed to post 2 links and those logs are somehow recognized as links. Please be so kind and view the logs in the GitHub thread. Please help us stoping this database drop our beloved chat, thank you so much in advance!

Server Setup Information

• Version of RocketChat Server: v3.12.0
  • Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04 (64 bit)
  • Deployment Method: Docker
  • DB Replicaset Oplog: Enabled
  • NodeJS Version: 12.18.4 - x64
  • MongoDB Version: 4.0.22
  • Proxy: nginx
  • MongoDB Engine: mmapv1
  • Firewalls involved: Plesk Firewall, ModSecurity