Not working on macos Catalina "macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware"

Description

Just installed macos Catalina and now getting this error.
First a system windows that says:
“.S6UPZG7ZR3.chat.rocket.FA8bs1” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.
Below that it says:
“macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware”
With a “Move to trash” or Cancel option.

Either option thet gives a rocket.chat window that says:

A JavaScript error occurred in the main process
Uncaught Exception:
Error: dlopen(/var/folders/vx/sm_q7rk96ld6tx0wjsgr7q1m0000gn/T/chat.rocket/.S6UPZG7ZR3.chat.rocket.FA8bs1, 1): no suitable image found. Did find:
/var/folders/vx/sm_q7rk96ld6tx0wjsgr7q1m0000gn/T/chat.rocket/.S6UPZG7ZR3.chat.rocket.FA8bs1: code signature in (/var/folders/vx/sm_q7rk96ld6tx0wjsgr7q1m0000gn/T/chat.rocket/.S6UPZG7ZR3.chat.rocket.FA8bs1) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: library load disallowed by system policy
/var/folders/vx/sm_q7rk96ld6tx0wjsgr7q1m0000gn/T/chat.rocket/.S6UPZG7ZR3.chat.rocket.FA8bs1: stat() failed with errno=17
at process.module.(anonymous function) [as dlopen] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:160:31)
at Object.Module._extensions…node (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:722:18)
at Object.module.(anonymous function) [as .node] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:169:18)
at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:602:32)
at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:541:12)
at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:533:3)
at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:640:17)
at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:20:18)
at bindings (/Applications/Rocket.Chat.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/bindings/bindings.js:76:44)
at Object. (/Applications/Rocket.Chat.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/@paulcbetts/system-idle-time/addon.js:1:192)

Server Setup Information

Running a private server installed about 2 months ago. My mobile app still works.

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server:
  • Operating System:
  • Deployment Method:
  • Number of Running Instances:
  • DB Replicaset Oplog:
  • NodeJS Version:
  • MongoDB Version:
  • Proxy:
  • Firewalls involved:

Any additional Information

I did uninstall and reinstall from the Apple app store.

I found the issue over on github, I posted there. and assume that is the best place to keep updated.

1 Like

Yes the issue is best place to follow. Hopefully the ream will be able to resolve

Hi, Aaron. All mac computers that we have updated to Catalina have the same error.

Hi, Aaron. All mac computers that we have updated to Catalina have the same error.

The steps we took were:
Always allow installation of identified developer applications.
Finally, we directly download the rocket.chat application version. 2.15.0

For now, the incumbent has been fixed by installing rocket.chat from the direct download: https://github.com/RocketChat/Rocket.Chat.Electron/releases/download/2.15.5/rocketchat-2.15.5.dmg