Messages not displaying and greyed out, Needs refresh the browser every time, Chat status is displayed offline

Description

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 3.16.1
  • Operating System: Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.15.0-147-generic x86_64)
  • Deployment Method: tar
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog: No
  • NodeJS Version: v12.22.1
  • MongoDB Version: 4.0.24 / mmapv1 (oplog Enabled)
  • Proxy: nginx
  • Firewalls involved: yes

Any additional Information

Hello everyone,

I have an issue that had been discussed before in the community but the solution didn’t work, at least for me. Messages not displaying and greyed out

I have exactly the same problems as I will go through them again:

1. For some users messages will not be sent and the sent message is greyed out for the sender. The user should always refresh the browser till it sends the message.

2. This happens for all users most of the time: The user logs out automatically from his account.

3. The chat status is displayed as offline for other users, however, the user is online and his chat status is also set online.

4. When users refresh the browser, the warning “Invalid Users” is displayed it doesn’t log in their account again automatically.

5. Users get the notification for new messages but nothing is displayed until they refresh the browser.

This behaviour also happens in the Rocket Chat application.

I also tried the solution to add ** the environment variable USE_NATIVE_OPLOG=true** but unfortunately, it didn’t work for me as I mentioned before.

Any solution and help would be appreciated.