[Livechat] Chat transfer between chatbot and a live agent, vice versa or from one agent to another

Hello team, thanks for such a great open source product.

I wanted to ask a question, is there is a way to transfer chat between chatbot and agent?
Idea is to have a chatbot handle converstaion as much as possible but when unable to(for e.g. questions for which it has not been trained), transfer the control to a live agent?

This is for a Livechat scenario. e.g. widget on a website handled by chatbot and gets transfered to agent when and if needed.

Hi there @monami
Yes we have that working on catbot, at Rocket.Chat’s website, which is chatbot made in hubot.

What we actually do there is to use the hubot’s adapter method ‘callMethod’ to call a livechat:transfer method within rocketchat.

You can check this project out https://github.com/RocketChat/hubot-natural, or if you’re just interested in the method, you can take a look at this code here https://github.com/RocketChat/hubot-natural/blob/f93b7b39739f4c3c6dd965ca499f3decb23a824a/scripts/events/respond.coffee#L31

hope you can enjoy it =)

2 Likes

Hi Diego
This is helpful! Thanks a lot. :slight_smile:

@monami, thanks, it’s helpful, btw, I didn’t find the document on Livechat:transfer, when can I find the user guide or document for this function, could you please share me a link or similar? thanks in advance

Best regards
Yuhua

What about the opposite? How an human agent can send it back to the robot?

1 Like

Hello i have some problem when integrating Rocket.chat with hubot-natural bot, i want to set my bot agent as default agent for every guest visiting live chat, so i set Livechat Routing Method as External Service, i made my own External Queue Service URL and set mybot details as the return from my endpoint as mention in documentation, and everything is going well.
the problem is when i using External Service routing method, i can’t transver bot agent to human agent when customer want to talk to human (it’s always return false, “there is no one online right now”), but if i using other routing method everything is going well, bot can transfer chat to other human agent as i wish.

thank you for your help …