Install apps without marketplace / sideloading

Description

I’m looking for a possibility to install (free) RC apps, e.g. Polls, on a RC server without access to the marketplace.

There are some threads here aksing for this and even some answers from the RC team, that you are working on such a feature, e.g. Install addons without marketplace or Marketplace apps download without any internet connection (offline installer)

Is there any possibility in the current version of RC? Or is it in developement?

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 3.8.1

Any additional Information

1 Like

Ok, of course I found out how to do it just a few minutes later! :roll_eyes:

Set “Enable development mode” to true (Development mode allows the installation of Apps that are not from the Rocket.Chat’s Marketplace.). Go back to the top level “Apps” tab in Admin. You should now see a button labeled “Upload App”.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. I have enabled development mode and i still receive error “Rocket.Chat Apps ➔ error Error getting the App information from the Marketplace: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND marketplace.rocket.chat” when using upload app from file. Is there anything else i am missing?
Also where can i go to download apps for offline useage?

this seems to not work anymore in latest version? after uploading the zip file (poll.rc-app.zip) it says
"Invalid App Package. Could not find the classFile (PollApp.js) file.

this is rocketchat 3.10.5 and the latest downdload of the poll app

Hi @Snek did you find a way to solve it ?

@klepptor How to do make an app for RC? where i could find related documentation for develop apps (in/without) marketplace.