How to Merge two rocket chat server to one server?

Description

I have two rocket chat servers in run, How can I Merge a rocket chat server to another server?

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 1.0.3
  • Operating System: Ubuntu 16.04.2
  • Deployment Method: snap
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog:
  • NodeJS Version:
  • MongoDB Version:
  • Proxy: nginx
  • Firewalls involved: off

Any additional Information

Do both follow this exact setup? If so you cannot. Currently snaps only allow 1 snap install per server. So won’t be possible to run both on the same server.

Thank you for your answer;
I mean that I have two rocket chat servers, all install with snap; I do not want run 2 instances in one server but want merge data form one to another server
I try to use rocketchat-server.restoredb (follow this link: https://rocket.chat/docs/installation/manual-installation/ubuntu/snaps/) but not work, This will delete old database

Might need to download mongo tools and do mongo restore the old fashion way.

Backup before hand. No idea how well it will work

Hi Aaron,

is still the case that snaps only allow 1 install per server? Does this mean that a snap install has this shortcoming as well: “single-threaded nature of Node.js applications; they can’t take advantage of multiple cores natively.”

Which would mean that on a 4-core server a snap install wouldn’t make sense? That I should consider a non-snap with multiple instances to utilize all cores better? Thanks!

Hi,

snaps are final for a simple single server install.

Any more than that, and more users etc and you should look at docker or manual installs.