How to clear livechat localStorage for "firedTriggers"?

Description

I have a trigger that was previously configured to “Run only once for each visitor”. It is NOT set that way any more but for some reason I can’t get it to show up on my browsers that have this local storage item set: “firedTriggers [triggerid]”

I’ve tried clearing localstorage and cookies for the chat server but when I reload the page it’s there again and the trigger won’t pop up.

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 3.18.3
  • Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04
  • Deployment Method: snap
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog:
  • NodeJS Version: v12.22.1
  • MongoDB Version: 3.6.14
  • Proxy: apache
  • Firewalls involved:

Hi!

Sorry for the late response. Are you able to consistently reproduce this error in latest 4.5.0?

Can you give us the exact steps?

What I did was to change the “run only once for each visitor” and when it is disabled, it doesn’t run anymore on the same browser, even after clearing all data.

It does work as expected when using the private browser / incognito mode.

I’m not sure. I switched to a manual install of latest 4.5 and the problem did persist initially but now appears to be working as expected. To be clear when ““run only once for each visitor” is disabled the trigger should happen on every visit. When it is enabled, it should fire only once. Unless I’m misunderstanding, that is the opposite of what you described in your response…

that’s right.

When disabled, I expect it to run on every page refresh. So changing pages (clicking on a link) will trigger it again.

This works ok on incognito mode for both enabled and disabled modes, and also changing this options without clearing the browser will take effect as expected.

When not using the incognito mode in Firefox:
1 - I turn it to enabled, load the page. It triggers once.
2 - I reload the page. No trigger (ok here)
3 - I change back to disabled, so we can expect it firing multiple times
4 - I clear the browser data
5 - Reload the page. No trigger when it should be triggering.