Getting push notifications to work

So I have set up my RC instance and I registered it on RC Cloud.

The Push Gateway is enabled and set to https://gateway.rocket.chat/.

I installed the RC apps on an iPhone, an android phone as well as on my Macbook. Finally I also managed to send test-push-notifications via the dedicated button. It tells me that it has successfully sent a test notification to 1 device. However, having checked the settings and permissions on the phones, I to not receive any notification on either of them.

When I look at the Log I can see two suspicious entries. What is the remoteIP? The VM of the RC is NATed by a firewall and does have a dedicated public IP, which is obviously not the remoteIP. May that be the problem? How could I change this?

{"level":35,"time":"2021-11-01T09:15:10.813Z","pid":1,"hostname":"ca5sdgh54-1a8d-4564-b816-8d3e5edffd65","name":"API","method":"POST","url":"/api/v1/method.call/push_test","userId":"So49htrw","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/91.0","length":"87","host":"rocketchat.foobar.com","referer":"https://rocketchat.foobar.com/admin/Push","remoteIP":"172.16.115.1","status":200,"responseTime":67} {"level":50,"time":"2021-11-01T09:15:11.118Z","pid":1,"hostname":"ca35684-1a484-b816-8d3e5d65","name":"Push","msg":"Error sending push to gateway (0 try) -> {\"response\":{\"statusCode\":404,\"content\":\"404 page not found\",\"headers\":{\"access-control-allow-headers\":\"Content-Type, Authorization, Content-Length, X-Requested-With\",\"access-control-allow-methods\":\"GET, PUT, POST, DELETE, OPTIONS\",\"access-control-allow-origin\":\"*\",\"access-control-expose-headers\":\"Content-Type, Authorization, Cache-Control, Expires, Pragma, X-powered-by\",\"cache-control\":\"private, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate\",\"content-length\":\"18\",\"content-type\":\"text/plain\",\"date\":\"Mon, 01 Nov 2021 09:15:11 GMT\",\"expires\":\"-1\",\"pragma\":\"no-cache\",\"x-powered-by\":\"Rocket Fuel and Rocketeers\",\"connection\":\"close\"},\"data\":null}}"} 

The second entry I do not understand is this…

{"level":50,"time":"2021-11-01T09:11:15.118Z","pid":1,"hostname":"ca54-b816-8d3edffd65","name":"Push","msg":"Error sending push to gateway (4 try) -> {\"response\":{\"statusCode\":404,\"content\":\"404 page not found\",\"headers\":{\"access-control-allow-headers\":\"Content-Type, Authorization, Content-Length, X-Requested-With\",\"access-control-allow-methods\":\"GET, PUT, POST, DELETE, OPTIONS\",\"access-control-allow-origin\":\"*\",\"access-control-expose-headers\":\"Content-Type, Authorization, Cache-Control, Expires, Pragma, X-powered-by\",\"cache-control\":\"private, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate\",\"content-length\":\"18\",\"content-type\":\"text/plain\",\"date\":\"Mon, 01 Nov 2021 09:11:15 GMT\",\"expires\":\"-1\",\"pragma\":\"no-cache\",\"x-powered-by\":\"Rocket Fuel and Rocketeers\",\"connection\":\"close\"},\"data\":null}}"} {"level":30,"time":"2021-11-01T09:11:15.119Z","pid":1,"hostname":"ca5e0f54-1a4d-4594-b816-8d3e5edffd65","name":"Push","msg":"Trying sending push to gateway again in 960000 'milliseconds'"} 

I am very thankful for any hints!

Thank you very much in advance.

HI!

When you send the test notification (Admin > Push > Send push to this user) is the push received on the destination device?

This looks like a connectivity issue from the VM you are running it into.

Make sure this VM has proper internet access.

The message does not get to the destination device as I mentioned (even though RC tells me it succeeded). However the VM is properly connected to the web. The only thing I dont understand is the remoteIP in the Log. Shouldn’t my public IP stand there? How can I change this?

This is the place that this error is coming from:

Can you tell us the version and method you deployed it?

I am running the version Rocket.Chat 4.1.0 on Cloudron (which is Docker). Can I do something about that error?