Embedded Layout not showing the microphone button in iphone (ios)

Description

We are using the rocketchat embedded URL to add chat to our applications android and ios
the controls that we need are upload image, record video, record audio
images and videos are working fine
the problem is the layout in the iphone is not showing the microphone button
in the android it is working fine
can anyone tell me what is the reason?

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 2.4.0
  • Operating System: linux
  • Deployment Method: tar
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog: Enabled
  • NodeJS Version: v8.17.0
  • MongoDB Version: 4.0.14
  • Proxy:
  • Firewalls involved:

Any additional Information

Yeah I am also facing this similar issue, and I didn’t find anywhere a solution, in fact, I recently bought an iPhone from St. Patricks Day coupons 2020, but this issue irritates me a lot, if you know then answer plz let me know.

I have spent a very good time trying to figure out a solution to this issue, but I couldn’t find a straight forward solution, cause it’s a platform-specific (iOS with UIWebView or the new WKWebView) for some reasons iOS prevent uploading files (audio, video…) using these two views.

If you try to open the rocket chat embedded layout on iOS-Chrome, you will face the same problem, but if you open it using Safari, you will notice that all are working (uploading files, audio, video…).

So here comes the workaround that would make our life easier, although it will cost us some UI sacrificing.

You need to develop a feature to record a voice, or a video if you would like to and save the audio/video file somewhere and then upload it using the Rocket Chat APIs to the required channel.

While uploading, you need to tell the rocket chat backend of what type is your file. And here is the solution:

1. Record a voice using a microphone near to your embedded

2. Once you are OK with the file and you saved it locally somewhere, you need to upload it using the following function:

private void SendFileToRocketChat(string groupId, string filePath, string fileType)
    {

var url = "your-rocket-chat-domain.com" + "/api/v1/rooms.upload/" + groupId;
        string boundary = "----------------------------" + DateTime.Now.Ticks.ToString("x");

HttpWebRequest request = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(url);
        request.ContentType = "multipart/form-data; boundary=" + boundary;
        request.Method = "POST";
        request.KeepAlive = true;
        request.Headers.Add("X-Auth-Token", UserAuth); //your user 'admin' authentication token
        request.Headers.Add("X-User-Id", UserId); //your user 'admin' authentication user ID

Stream memStream = new System.IO.MemoryStream();
        var boundarybytes = System.Text.Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes("\r\n--" + boundary + "\r\n");
        var endBoundaryBytes = System.Text.Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes("\r\n--" + boundary + "--");
        string formdataTemplate = "\r\n--" + boundary + "\r\nContent-Disposition: form-data; name=\"{0}\";\r\n\r\n{1}";

string headerTemplate = "Content-Disposition: form-data; name=\"file\"; filename=\"{1}\"\r\n" + "Content-Type: " + fileType + "\r\n\r\n";
        memStream.Write(boundarybytes, 0, boundarybytes.Length);
        var header = string.Format(headerTemplate, "file", filePath);
        var headerbytes = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(header);
        memStream.Write(headerbytes, 0, headerbytes.Length);
        using (var fileStream = new FileStream(filePath, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read))
        {
            var buffer = new byte[1024];
            var bytesRead = 0;
            while ((bytesRead = fileStream.Read(buffer, 0, buffer.Length)) != 0)
            {
                memStream.Write(buffer, 0, bytesRead);
            }
        }

memStream.Write(endBoundaryBytes, 0, endBoundaryBytes.Length);
        request.ContentLength = memStream.Length;
        using (Stream requestStream = request.GetRequestStream())
        {
            memStream.Position = 0;
            byte[] tempBuffer = new byte[memStream.Length];
            memStream.Read(tempBuffer, 0, tempBuffer.Length);
            memStream.Close();
            requestStream.Write(tempBuffer, 0, tempBuffer.Length);
        }
        using (var response = request.GetResponse())
        {
            Stream stream2 = response.GetResponseStream();
            StreamReader reader2 = new StreamReader(stream2);
            string res = reader2.ReadToEnd();
        }
    }

3. Now you can call your function as follows:

SendFileToRocketChat("yourgroupID","/file/audio/sample.mp3","audio/mp3");

4. And if you need to upload a video, use the same function:

SendFileToRocketChat("yourgroupID","/file/video/sample.mp4","video/mp4");

I hope this would make a workaround until we find a proper solution for this issue.

this happen to many times you have to change your phone to solve this otherwise it is very hard to resolve it I also got my new phone on cheap price from the www.ritecoupons.com

I am iPhone user but I never face this type of issue, I have always every model iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 6 ,7 and iPhone x. Last year my company Txatech - Tranexamic Technologies gives me iPhone x on my best performance. So, finally I want to say this I never face any issue regarding microphone button in my whole expericen.

I suggest you not to buy from untrusted sources as I have recently buy iphone from Amazon and using their discount codes and believe me I am not having any issue. I think there is a difference between new and refurbrished material.

There are many untrusted sites which are providing fake products i am also facing this type of issues in my mobiles, Now i am using iphone 7 plus which i was buy from halloween coupons i satisfy with my mobile and never facing any problem.

i bought a iphone from unknow source after a few weak i face a problem on it, so i can now buy a new one from amazon i read about it at save with blogs.

I believe you have noted some very interesting points, appreciate it for the post. Also Visit Couponado

I know this thread is old. Still, I thought to participate because I have faced the same issue and you have pointed out the exact points. I like this thread!
Also wanna share something which I think will also be helpful for some people. I have recently been surfing verifiedvouchercodes and you can also check on to it!

It’s a fantastic blog post that is also really useful. Discount Codes & Vouchers