Desktop notifications on android mobile only working with sound?

Description

I have notifications enable and have given permission on my mobile browser to accept it. When I receive a notification, nothing pops up. I only hear the notification sound, but no visual notification. I test this on other sites and it works just fine on my phone. I’ve checked the permissions for the rocket.chat server and it’s all enabled.

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 2.4.1
  • Operating System: Linux
  • Deployment Method: docker
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog:
  • NodeJS Version: 8.15.1
  • MongoDB Version: 4.0.15
  • Proxy: nginx
  • Firewalls involved:

Any additional Information

I’m using the docker-compose file. I’ve confirmed that on desktop, the chrome notifications do work as expected. But on mobile, the chrome notifications only seem to send the sound notification.

Testing:
www.bennish.net/web-notifications.html does NOT work
web-push-book.gauntface.com/demos/notification-examples/ DOES work

Not sure what the difference is but one of those does seem to work flawlessly.

Did a little digging and this seems to be a known issue for Chrome. Android does now support new Notification() anymore and the work around is to use a service worker. Please see below:

In the example I pointed to above (https://web-push-book.gauntface.com/demos/notification-examples/), it works because they are registering a service working and using the work-around suggesting in stackoverflow.

Is this something that can be easily implemented? I’m a developer but I’m just now getting familiar with the rocket.chat code base.