A school is trying to create a channel ‘#informations’ similar to ‘#general’ in order to publish information to all their students. Using ‘#general’ isn’t the proper way because everybody is writing in this chanel, and important informations are lost.
So, how to create a new channel ‘Important’, readonly, public, and in which everybody is already joined.
- create a chanel, public, read-only
- once done, enter ‘/invite-all-from #general’ in Message area.
Server Setup Information
- Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 3.5.0
- Operating System: Debian bullseye/sid
- Deployment Method:
- Number of Running Instances: 1
- DB Replicaset Oplog:
- NodeJS Version: 1.16
- MongoDB Version:
- Proxy: apache
- Firewalls involved: shorewall