Workspace is running an unsupported version of Rocket Chat

Our Workspace is running an unsupported version of Rocket Chat.
What does this mean ?
We are on 5.4.3., this is a LTS version.
What is the minimum I need to update ? Is it enough to update to 5.4.10 ?

Hello, @moell9!

We are very sorry for this inconvenience; a batch of emails was sent to the wrong recipients.

We are reinforcing workspace administrators to stay current since we are adding restrictions for those not in the support window.

As your workspace is within the support window, there is nothing to worry about :wink:

Best regards, Bárbara Zanella

hello @barbara.zanella I need you to clarify my doubt please, I am running version 6.0 but I have received an email that in 15 days we will no longer be able to use the desktop and mobile applications. Is this also an error in the email recipients? Since I am on version 6.0 or do I have to update to another version of rocket chat?

Hi Bárbara,

thank you for the positive answer.

When will the support window expire ? We use Rocket.Chat 5.4.3, which means we don’t need to update in a timely manner.
This is not clear from this:

We use Jitsi Meet from the marketplace. Is it assured that we can continue to use the app ?

Thanks again and regards

Andreas

May I have an answer on my questions today ? We need to know if we need to upgrade the next 7 days.

Hello, @p4tricksv!

Forgive me for my previous mistake.

If your workspace is running the 6.0 version, you must update to a supported version of Rocket.Chat to continue using our Cloud Services, mobile, and desktop apps.

The support of version 6.0 ended in June 2023, but you can update to our latest release (6.4) to continue having access to those services :wink:

Here is some documentation to support you in the process; please contact us again in case of any questions :slight_smile:

Best regards, Bárbara Zanella.

Hello, @moell9!

Forgive me for my previous mistake.

If your workspace is running the 5.4 version, you must update to a supported version of Rocket.Chat to continue using our Cloud Services, mobile, and desktop apps.

The support of version 5.4 ended in August 2023, but you can update to our latest release (6.4) to continue having access to those services :wink:

Suppose you already have Jitsi installed in your workspace and decided not to upgrade the workspace. In that case, you will not lose access to the app, but updating to newer versions of the app or installing other apps from the marketplace will not be available for you anymore.

Here is some documentation to support you in the process; please contact us again in case of any questions :slight_smile:

I’m currently using version 6.0, but I received an email stating that the desktop and mobile applications will no longer be accessible in 15 days. Is this a mistake in the email recipients, considering my version is 6.0, or do I need to update to a different version of RocketChat? Here I also found a solution visit this website.

@barbara.zanella Can self-hosted community base workspace also need to update

Hello, @Anup!

If you use any of the services below, yes, your workspace will need to be updated to the supported version:

• marketplace apps
  • push notification
  • omnichannel gateway
  • mobile and desktop applications

Otherwise, there is no need. I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hello, @Jackmie54!

The support of version 6.0 ended in August 2023. To stay current with our supported window, update your workspace to at least version 6.3.

You can check the deadlines for our supported versions on the document below:

Good morning @barbara.zanella ,

I am running a self-hosted community server and I have users using the desktop application. Will these issues only come into effect if we update to a new desktop client version? Or, will they retroactively be applied to all old versions/already installed versions of the desktop client.

Hello, @william.goodspeed!

Yes. The support restrictions for the desktop client will be effected on version 3.9.10; we are currently running version 3.9.9.

But we strongly recommend you update your workspace to the latest version of Rocket.Chat, since it’s our more secure version so far! :slight_smile:

@barbara.zanella Thanks for the reply!

Just to confirm - As long as my users stay on the 3.9.9 or earlier Desktop Client it doesn’t matter what my Self-Hosted Server is running, it should not block them from using the 3.9.9 or earlier desktop client.

I am planning on updating but it was not something I had at the top of my list at this time so just want to make sure I’m not going to have users lose access in the meantime.

@william.goodspeed! Yes, that’s it!

But if your workspace is registered in our Cloud, the push notifications, app installations from the marketplace, and the apps that need our omni-gateway will stop working, regardless of the desktop version.

Hi Barbara,

If your workspace is running the 5.4 version, you must update to a supported version of Rocket.Chat to continue using our Cloud Services, mobile, and desktop apps.

What does this mean exactly ? I can’t use Rocket.Chat Electron anymore ?

Thanks

@barbara.zanella i have update version of rocket chat 4.8 to 6.4 on my self host server but my server cpu unexpectedly spikes , all cpu are consume by mongodb . and when i send file (images) on rocketchat uploads was failed but text message send smoothly .

Hello. I still receive a notification at the beginning of each day that I need to update to 6.4.5. Although yesterday I updated to version 6.4.8. What should I do?

Similar to @Alexande , I upgraded to Rocket Chat 6.5.0 and MongoDB 5.0.23 last week. However, I received a notice when I logged in today that says my “Workspace is running an unsupported version of Rocket Chat”. However, 6.5.0 won’t be unsupported until June 2024!

What am I supposed to do?

RC Workspace version unsupported Screenshot from 2023-12-13 14-08-33

Here is the proof that I have version 6.5.0 installed: