White labeling RocketChat and App Store Approval

Hi,

I’m thinking of switching from MS Teams to RocketChat, but the push notification limit is a barrier and the sponsorship increases are still well below our requirements.

Has anyone had success white labeling RocketChat and passing the Apple App Store approval process without adding a bunch of custom functions? I’m worried I’ll go through the process and it will be flagged as copy cat etc etc.

If RocketChat sold push monthly push notification packages that would make life much easier.

Thanks

Aimee

Hi Aimee! Welcome to our forums!

Just to make sure, have you checked our white labeling docs?

Also, I think you should drop by our react-native channel, where our devs and other community users might be able to help you on this specific issue.

Hi @dudanogueira,

I have checked out the documentation. I don’t think the documentations White Labeling changes will be enough. If other people have successfully passed, then I feel it will be even less likely.

Is there a reason why Rocket.Chat hasn’t offered push notification packages? I’m not going to claim to know what’s best for the company, but having read the majority of the forum posts on the subject and as a MS Teams user, it seems sorta like a no brainer to compete. I’d happily pay monthly for push. Wouldn’t that easily subsidize your gateway.

Would it be better to move this post to the other channel?

Thanks

Aimee

Hi Aimee!

Were you in contact with sales already?

Hi @dudanogueira,

Not directly, but a colleague spoke with sales and was directed towards the enterprise plan or increasing push via sponsorship.

I would like to see scalable push notification packages, then I would have no need to white label.

Thanks

Aimee

Hi Aimee!

I reinforced this with our team. We do not offer push notifications packages other then the sponsorship option for now.

Hey @dudanogueira,

Thanks for confirming.

Aimee