Unable to establish now mandatory cloud sync. Mobile apps locked

Description

Mobile apps are not working

Licence Sync is failing with: “Error during workplace sync”

I’m receiving an error: Workspace Unsupported version, despite being on the latest version 6.6.3

2024-03-08_11-08

What I’ve tried

1. All sorts of combinations of:
  • Removing the Premium Key
  • Setting the Premium Key to something random
  • Removing my workspace in the cloud
  • Registering a new account with a new registration key
  • Disabling registration and cloud sync
  • Enabling registration
  • Restarting
  • Setting REG_TOKEN as env variable both at the command line and in docker compose
  • Trying the orignial token
  • Getting the wizard to show again (unsuccessful)

example commands I’ve run

292  REG_TOKEN=original-key-from-cloud-account docker compose up -d
  293  nano docker-compose.yml 
  294  docker compose stop rocketchat
  295  docker compose rm rocketchat
  296  OVERWRITE_SETTING_Show_Setup_Wizard=pending docker compose up -d
  297  cd /var/rocketchat/
  298  nano docker-compose.yml 
  299  docker compose stop rocketchat
  300  docker compose rm rocketchat
  301  REG_TOKEN=redacted-newkey-fromdifferent-cloudaccount docker compose up -d

I did remove the instance, and try to add it again. No dice.
I did create a new cloud account and try to add the instance to that. No dice.

History with support:
What is the process to stop the mobile apps from stopping working in the coming days? Note: I’ve updated to 6.6.1 but it’s not recognised. I don’t mind to trial an enterprise or started plan again. But as it stands now there is no way for me to update. When I visit the cloud website and view my instances, it’s empty. And in the current version of Rocket.Chat there seems no way to register, to get the platform syncing with the licence server. So I’m at a loss as for what to do to keep using community or paid product. This is now a business continuity issue. So I appreciate your help to resolve.

Today I updated to the latest version. 6.6.2. Still can’t upgrade or register the self hosted version.

Today I updated to the latest version. 6.6.3. Still can’t upgrade or register the self hosted version.

Leonardo Costa Perroco Sat, Mar 2, 12:44 AM (6 days ago)

to me

Hi Nathan,

I saw your workspace “chat.redacted.app” is currently on the 6.4.5 version. What kind of issues are you facing?

Best,

We are not on that version. We are on the latest version. But I assume it’s stopped syncing with the cloud server for some reason after our trial finished. And despite being self hosted, with latest version because the cloud sync is t working it’s about to cut us off from the mobile apps. We need this for our business and I would even be willing to pay, but there is no one helping me fix the cloud sync issue. The instance doesn’t show in the portal and thus there is no way to upgrade it to a paid subscription.

This issue is now critical for us.

Leonardo Costa Perroco Mar 7, 2024, 8:32 AM (1 day ago)

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for providing this information. I’m sorry to hear about the critical issue you’re experiencing with your self-hosted instance.

To better assist you, could you please let me know how many users you have on your workspace? Additionally, I’d like to understand more about your setup and any specific challenges you’re facing with the cloud sync issue. With this information, I’ll do my best to help resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

Looking forward to your response.

Best,

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 6.6.3
  • Operating System: Ubuntu
  • Deployment Method: docker
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog:
  • NodeJS Version: v14.21.3
  • MongoDB Version: 5.0.17 / wiredTiger (oplog Enabled)

Any additional Information

Dear Nathan,

Please run the following command in your MongoDB, after selecting the rocketchat database.

db.rocketchat_settings.remove( {"_id": /Cloud_Workspace_/} )

That should remove anything that would be connecting you to our cloud, which should then allow you to restart the cloud connection.

Let us know how that goes, please.

Hi Marcelo,

Pleased to report that in the app, the instance no longer shows unsupported. But clicking the sync licence button still results in an error. But it seems I’m unblocked for now. Also updating to the latest version of the iOS app resulted in the mobile apps working. Thank you for your assistance, but I do think there is still some underlying issue that may affect other users, even Enterprise ones. There is one Enterprise reporting an issue on the github issue - https://github.com/RocketChat/Rocket.Chat/issues/31706#issuecomment-1996272638

Wishing you the best,

Kind regards

Nathan