Unable to change user passwords from desktop app or via website

Description

Unable to update user passwords from the Mac desktop app version 2.17.2 who have forgotten their password or to set passwords for new accounts. This does not work from the web either and I have tried Chrome version 79.x, Firefox version 72.0.2 and Safari version 13.0.4 with the same result. Also, I tried using the random password feature and it also does not provide the random password that the user is supposed to use unlike before.

Another additional issue is that I recommended for users to use the forgot password link from our web URL since I found that I could not change them, and it sends them the password reset link. However when they update their password it throws an error that the update could not be completed but also says password updated successfully in the top right hand corner of the window in green. So… there is some issue going on with the whole password reset function.

Any assistance on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Server Setup Information

Using paid server space from Rocket Chat
Version: 2.3.2
Apps engine version: 1.7.0
Database migration: 169
Database migration date: January 12, 2020 8:33 PM
Installed at: January 16, 2019 11:13 AM
PID: 1
Running instances: 2
OpLog: Enabled
Runtime environment: Linux x64
Runtime OS release: 4.14.138-114.102
Runtime node: 8.16.2
Build environment: Linux x64
Build OS release: 4.15.0-1052-aws
Build node: 8.15.1

Any additional Information

Received a message from Rocket Chat support this morning. A change was made in December to the admin console that I was not aware of that removed the ability to create/change passwords for users. The only option is to checkmark/select the random password option and then save the change. Then the user will receive an email with the password and once they log in, it will automatically ask them to change it.

This post can be closed.