The Best Way to get help Backup, Update and Migrating to Docker?

Description

Hi Rocket Chat Community :slight_smile:

if my english isnt perfect sorry :slight_smile:

I Write to you to find out the best way to help to update and migrate an existing Rocket Chat Installation.

I am Administrator of Windows Networks and really new in using Linux Systems and Rocket Chat.
(I know Rocket chat since 2 Weeks now) :slight_smile: I am not skilled in Linux console commands yet, but i want to change this step by step. I am interested to learn understanding to install, Update, Backup/Restore Rocket Chat.

Now I know about an older installation of Rocket Chat and the job will be to update and migrate it to docker to be up to date without any risk of data. I want to help to find a solution to bring the Installation up to date so i try to find some information what we can do.

I would try to train myself installing Rocket Chat in an Training Environment on my own Virtualisation System. For this and my point of Knowledge i have to start with basics.
My 1st goal is to find out the running version of rocket chat and install the same version on a trainings system. For this i will install ubuntu 18.04.05 on my trainings host. Then i want to get a backup of the existing Rocket Chat system and restore in the trainings environment. Next Step would be Updating and as last Step Migration to Docker.
I think if this is successful i should know what to do on the existing installation to secure do the needet steps. (Is anything missing?)

As i am new to using Linux and rocket chat my 1st Questions are, how can i get the needed Information about an existing installation below? I Think the way would be to know what Versions are running, Backup, Restore in an virtual Environment and practise update and migration in the training environment.

As Plan B if my knowledge needs to long to build up, is there someone/company who could help to bring the existant rocket chat installation up to date and migrate to docker? In this case i can learn in my own speed, and dont depend on anything about the existing Rocket chat installation.

Any Recommendations about this?

Greetings from Germany and sorry for some missing informations, i give it if i know how to get it :slight_smile:

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server:
  • Operating System: Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.15.0 x86_64 (Cloud Hosted)
  • Deployment Method: (I think snap, it should get to docker)
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog:
  • NodeJS Version:
  • MongoDB Version:
  • Proxy:
  • Firewalls involved:

Any additional Information