Backup your complete installation before proceeding! You’ve been WARNED!
1. Stop MongoDB and Rocket.Chat service
sudo systemctl stop mongod sudo systemctl stop rocketchat
2. Rename your current Rocket.Chat Folder (for backup purposes in case upgrade fails)
sudo mv /opt/Rocket.Chat /opt/Rocket.Chat_bk
From here you can follow the normal Ubuntu installation.
3. Download the latest Rocket.Chat release.
curl -L https://releases.rocket.chat/latest/download -o /tmp/rocket.chat.tgz tar -xzf /tmp/rocket.chat.tgz -C /tmp
cd /tmp/bundle/programs/server && npm install
5. Move new installation to /opt folder.
sudo mv /tmp/bundle /opt/Rocket.Chat
No need to add rocketchat user and group since this has been already established.
6. Change owner of the Rocket.Chat folder back to rocketchat.
sudo chown -R rocketchat:rocketchat /opt/Rocket.Chat
7. Restart MongoDB and Rocket.Chat Services
sudo systemctl start mongod sudo systemctl start rocketchat
Done! If everything is functioning as intended, you can delete your old Rocket.Chat backup folder.