I’m new to RocketChat and having a devil of a time getting https to work. My setup is
- Ubuntu 18.04 (all updates applied)
- app installed via snap
- followed the Caddy instructions to get SSL going, no errors during install
- this is a hosted server at Ionos
- a subdomain has been created (chat.domain.com)
- it works fine if I go to http:// chat.domain .com:3000
- it does not work if I go to https:// chat.domain .com:3000 >> Firefox Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG
- it does not work if I go to http:// chat.domain .com
- it does not work if I go to https:// chat.domain .com
- I’m running ufw on the box
- the box is directly on the public Internet
- checking Caddy status it shows active
- my Administration> General> Site URL shows https:// chat.domain.com
I don’t think I need a reverse proxy (you tell me). Ignore the ‘http:// (space)chat’ or the (space).com, that’s just to get around forum limitation.
Any help would be appreciated.