Sidebar DM and Search name user not update full name after this user change their full name

Description

Details my problem:

The user A have full name " ABC " already chat Direct Message with me and other user in before. Yesterday, company wanna all user change their’s full name with new rule.

User A changed full name is " XYZ ", But my sidebar list user and top body chat still see A’s full name is " ABC ", same problem with other who already chat with A. I was try reload, restart Server but can’t fix

Someone can help me fix or should be waiting next update?

Thank you so much!

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 3.7.1
  • Operating System: CentOS 7
  • Deployment Method:
  • Number of Running Instances: 2
  • DB Replicaset Oplog: Yes
  • NodeJS Version: 12.18.4
  • MongoDB Version: 3.6.20
  • Proxy: nginx

Any additional Information

https://open.rocket.chat/file-upload/3u3vDz54GTeHE9Tit/Clipboard%20-%20October%2014,%202020%204:37%20PM

Commenting so I get notified if anyone has a solution or ideas. Looking to go muck around in the DB this evening.

Same problem here. Have you found a solution or workaround?

A Goofy Name might be a terrific choice either as a fresh username on networking sites or as a one-of-a-kind email address. Whenever deciding on a Goofy Ahh Name, it’s important to bear a couple of factors into consideration. Check whether anyone else is using it first.
Make sure it fits the purpose for whom you would like to have to use it. Inquiring minds want to know: have you often wished you had a silly ahh identity? You can now use a synthesizer to do that, by the way! Use our goofy names like candle single to make up some silly ahh nicknames on the fly.

I have the way resolve it in mongodb console by script:

var subscriptions = db.rocketchat_subscription.find({
	t: 'd',
});

subscriptions.forEach(function (subscription) {
	var user = db.users.findOne({
		username: subscription.name,
	}, { name: 1 });
	if (!user) {
		return;
	}
	db.rocketchat_subscription.update({
		_id: subscription._id,
	}, {
		$set: {
			fname: user.name,
		},
	});
});

Remember backup your db before run it

Thank bhdung! The solution you gave worked in my case. Thank you so much for sharing Quick Draw