Scripts on Outgoing Integrations aren't running at all under any circumstances whatsoever

Description

I’m intentionally putting console.log('test') immediately followed up with
throw new Error('How come Rocket.chat does not print user-created error events to the log ever under any circumstances this is really stupid design') on the subsequent line to break the script.

No error is send to the log. No exception is thrown. There is absolutely zero indication that an outgoing integration is running the script.

I’ve put the throw new Error outside of the Script class. I’ve put it inside of the Script class methods. Yes, the scripts are enabled. Yes, the integration is enabled.

Server Setup Information

• Rocket.Chat Version: 3.13.2
  • NodeJS Version: 12.21.0 - arm64
  • MongoDB Version: 3.6.21
  • MongoDB Engine: wiredTiger
  • Platform: linux
  • Process Port: 3000
  • Site URL: http://localhost
  • ReplicaSet OpLog: Enabled
  • Commit Hash: 5e9f4bc424
  • Commit Branch: HEAD
  • Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04
  • Deployment Method: snap
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog: N/A
  • Proxy: nginx
  • Firewalls involved: none

Any additional Information

I can’t update to v4 because there is no support for ARM64 in v4

It turns out there were syntax errors in the script whose failure to compile didn’t show up in the logs.

It would be nice if those errors showed up. :frowning:

Closing ticket to open a new one, because now, an outgoing hook is making the bot speak in a channel which is causing an infinite feedback loop and bringing my server down.

Great.

-___________-

Hi @HyperCrowd ! Welcome to our forums.

Did you opened this issue? I don’t find it.

Please, let me know how can I help you!

Thanks!

1 Like

Jfyi - I think this is the new issue - Bug Report: It requires a full-time, multi-team, state-funded forensic investigative effort to understand a single user-facing feature in this project · Issue #23728 · RocketChat/Rocket.Chat · GitHub

1 Like

How could I have missed that! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I was about to go at the pending issues for the day.

1 Like

Yep, that hilariously hyperbolic parody of a ticket is related to this.

I’ve since found a solution and put it in the Github ticket. I also shared a solution to allow Rocket.Chat to integrate directly with CouchDB as a freebie. <3

1 Like