Rocket.chat setup locally

I am new to open source so I don’t have much idea about rocket.chat setup.
I cloned the repo GitHub - RocketChat/Rocket.Chat: The communications platform that puts data protection first. locally.
Then I run “yarn”.
Error it showed - The current Node version v16.18.0 does not satisfy the required version 14.19.3.
So I changed node version to 14.19.3.
Then it is giving such errors…
My node version is 6.14.17

Resolution step
➤ YN0002: │ @devtools-ds/themes@npm:1.2.0 [3bace] doesn't provide react-dom (p719a9), requested by @design-systems/utils
➤ YN0002: │ @devtools-ds/themes@npm:1.2.0 [d8aa9] doesn't provide react-dom (p788f9), requested by @design-systems/utils
➤ YN0002: │ @nivo/annotations@npm:0.79.1 [60a9b] doesn't provide prop-types (p26311), requested by @nivo/colors
➤ YN0002: │ @nivo/annotations@npm:0.79.1 [60a9b] doesn't provide react-dom (p76851), requested by @react-spring/web
➤ YN0002: │ @nivo/arcs@npm:0.79.1 [aaf44] doesn't provide prop-types (p3b7ae), requested by @nivo/colors
➤ YN0002: │ @nivo/arcs@npm:0.79.1 [aaf44] doesn't provide react-dom (p2be04), requested by @react-spring/web

Hi there! And welcome to our friendly community :slight_smile:

You should only clone Rocket.Chat repository if you want to contribute with code directly into Rocket.Chat core.

if you only want to run it locally for your company/organization, please, follow this path here:

You will run Rocket.Chat using Docker.

Let me know if this helps :slight_smile:

Hello both,

I’m having the same kinds of issues on macOs. In my case, I am actually aiming at modifying & experimenting with the code directly, so being able to build it would be quite important :slight_smile:

@dudanogueira any advice on what the issue might be ?

Have an excellent end of the weekend!

Hi!

I would need more information to debug that.

This is a great place to get you up and running on our code base, and get help from other developers about that:

let me know if this helps!

@dudanogueira The rocket.chat open server have some issues in registration.

I am not able to register.

Hi! Sorry for the late response here.

We had a problem on that time, but it was fixed right away.

let me know if you still face any problems while registering.

Thanks!

1 Like

Its working perfectly. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

I have the same problem. I think this was now fixed or this is occuring again.

Hi, how did you fix this problem ?

Hi! His problem was about registering in our open server in http://open.rocket.chat

:slight_smile:

I’m having the same issue here. I need to setup and build Rocket.Chat locally to study the code and try for contribution. I’m following this document: Linux - Rocket.Chat Developer
i get stuck when i run the yarn command. No one is answering in dev community chat. please help :((