Getting mongodb deprecated after upgrade

Description

I have upgraded my mongoDB from 4.0.28 to 4.2, then 4.4, then 5.0. After restarting rocketchat, I am still getting the deprected mongoDB warning, even though the correct mongoDB version is listed in info

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 4.6.3
  • Operating System: Ubuntu 18
  • Deployment Method: docker
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog:
  • NodeJS Version:
  • MongoDB Version: 5.0.9
  • Proxy: nginx
  • Firewalls involved:

Any additional Information

Hi! Welcome to our community!

Well… That should not happen :grimacing:

Would you mind sharing your docker-compose.yml so I can try reproducing it here?

Have you just changed version from the default one?

Thanks!

Hi,
Thanks for getting back to me. So we are pretty new to rocket chat. Yesterday I went through the process of getting mongodb updated to remove that warning and just generally be prepared for the future. That process went quite smoothly.
After updating the 4.0.28 we were on to 4.2, the warning went away. Or I should say it didn’t return. After updating to 4.4 it didn’t return. After 5.0, it did show back up again. I rebooted rocketchat, and it showed up again.

This morning however, after another reboot before responding to this message, it didn’t show up? What is strange is we have a second rocketchat server and that server the message went away after the update from 4.0 to 4.2 and we never saw it again.

So, all that together, I have to think I was just seeing some left over message somehow from before the update. Perhaps some network delay between our server and the client.

I am not sure there is anything to do here, but I am glad to share the docker-compose.yml if you still want it. Otherwise, I think we can close this

Oh, glad to hear it :slight_smile:

We are targeting Mongo 4.4 for now, as 5.0 is causing some CPU incompatibilities here and there ( MongoDB 5.0+ requires a CPU with AVX support)

You can check our Mongo Compatibility Matrix Here

Also, consider joining our Community Support Channel in our open server :slight_smile: aaaand participating in our Monthly Community Open Call

Thanks!!

Hello,
Been looking around for a solution but have no luck. Mostly every installation is done with docker but I’m using Ubuntu 20 setup. After installing and migrating the mongodb over from an older server some users were experiencing some “black screen” issues when changing their dislpay setting from “Condensed to Extended”. This is one of the reasons while I’m testing another setup.

Im still getting the message: MongoDB Deprecated
MongoDB version 4.0.28 is deprecated, please upgrade your installation.

I tested with my account again swichting the display settings but the same issue still happens. “Black Scree” Not sure what else to do but fixing the deprecated message is a start.

Thank you In advance