If I post message in “general” channel it generates junk files in uploaded files list. Though these files disappear after page reload. Affects not only browser, but desktop app too.
Server Setup Information
- Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 4.5.2
- Operating System: CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core)
- Deployment Method: How to Install Rocket.Chat on CentOS 7 - Vultr.com (yum + src)
- Number of Running Instances: 1
- DB Replicaset Oplog:
- NodeJS Version: v14.0.0
- MongoDB Version: 4.2.19 / wiredTiger (oplog Enabled)
- Proxy: nginx/1.20.1
- Firewalls involved: iptables, ACCEPT ALL
Any additional Information
Captured on the video: posting in general channel generates junk files.mp4 - Google Drive
I was able to reproduce this
Definitely not the expected behavior.
Can you please open an issue at Issues · RocketChat/Rocket.Chat · GitHub ?
In fact, there is the correct place to post issues, and keep here or Rocket.Chat for community support.
Thank you! I will open issue on github till the end of the week, I think.
I just thought, that it is already opened, but I searched not so deeply, because of that I opened topic on the forum.
Btw, reopening files panel gets rid of junk files.
Thanks for pointing this out!
Also, good to note that it only happens with the attachment tab opened.