We have been using RocketChat (version 3.7.1) for the last few months.
A few days ago we noticed that while typing in a new message, when we tried using @mentions, the RocketChat suggestions would show duplicate entries. None of our IT team members have neither made any changes to our self hosted RocketChat server nor have they changed any settings or permissions. So we are not sure how these new suggestions have started showing up all of a sudden?
On closely analyzing the suggestions, we realized that -
- The first suggestion was a suggestion from recent messages
- The second suggestion was the actual suggestion (this is the suggestion we used to see earlier)
- The other suggestions showing below is something we are seeing for the first time.
- Also the last suggestion, which show up as, Not in channel, is something we are seeing for the first time.
All these suggestions are causing confusion to our users, and they are under the impression that there are duplicate users in RocketChat. We checked the users lists and found no duplicate users.
We have 2 self hosted RocketChat servers. We thought that maybe upgrading our servers will solve this issue. Therefore, we decided to upgrade one server to version 3.8.0, but the issue still persists.
So the questions that I have are -
- How do I revert these suggestions to the way they were before? I mean, how do I make RocketChat suggestions to show only 1 suggestion per user?
- Is there a way I can disable “suggestion from recent messages”?
- Is there a way I can disable “Not in channel” suggestions?
- Is this a bug? Did RocketChat change something which has started affecting suggestions?
Any help is much appreciated.
Server Setup Information
- Version of Rocket.Chat Server: 3.7.1
- Operating System: Ubuntu 4.15.0-118-generic (64 bit)
- Deployment Method:
- Number of Running Instances: 1
- DB Replicaset Oplog:
- NodeJS Version: v12.18.4
- MongoDB Version: v4.0.3
- Firewalls involved: