List Private Chatrooms for all users?

Description

Hello People of the rocket.chat community!

I have a question rather than an issue. I am currently testing rocket.chat as a communication platform for a mid-sized sports-club. I would like to have a public entry chat and keep the rest of the Chatrooms invite-only or password protected. I would like to have different Channels for all the different teams an workgroups of volounteers that as it is now are communicating via whatsapp group chats. As I understand, I would have to create the non public channels all as private channels. But I would very much like to see the private channels all listed for every user -just the title of the channel, not the content. This way every member would have an overview of all the organizational units of the club and could ask for an invite if he or she is interested in participating.

Is there any way, I can list private Channels for every user? Else we would have much fewer advantages over our fragmented landscape of whatsapp chats that we are maintaining now.

Server Setup Information

• Version of Rocket.Chat Server:
  • Operating System: Ubuntu 18.02 with Plesk Obsidian
  • Deployment Method:
  • Number of Running Instances: 1
  • DB Replicaset Oplog:
  • NodeJS Version:
  • MongoDB Version:
  • Proxy:
  • Firewalls involved:

Any additional Information

I set all public channels as being password protected while at the same time disabling the preview permission for the usergroup “users”, thus reaching kind of the behaviour I was thinking of. It looks like joining password protected channels doesn’t work on the mobile App though, wich confuses a lot of my test users.