API user.info - unread messages and count of

Please add some more informations like:

countOfUnreadMessages
unreadMessages

for a specific user

Currently i have to iterate overall channels of the user and have to count all unread messages of the user.

Can you share the example for the same please…:slight_smile:
Because i didn’t found its examples any where in the documents as well as on the internet.

Please wait for this new API-key

To get the unread messages of a specific user is, at the moment, unusable and not good for the server

There’s no need at all to resort to using language like this.

Whilst I don’t have a issue with people using foul language at all, it’s definitely not appropriate for a feature request and the only thing it will accomplish is causing this to get ignored.

Please try and have a bit of respect for the people who work tirelessly on this project so that you can use it for $0

I’m sorry, but MY solution is dirty, also i won’t share it. And Because of the many api-requests it IS a problem for the server to handle these.
I do not insult RocketChat with this. I’m just asking for more user-informations and tried to tell jamirkhanpathan that it would be better to wait for this feature, instead of using my dirty code-snippet.

Hi MaqsYo / JSzaszvari

I think the better way is to wait till the developers make the new API on the same request. Thanks for your suggestions.

Thanks,
Jamirkhan Pathan

1 Like

Hi Team,

Any update on this request?

Thanks,
Jamirkhan Pathan

8 Votes!
Come on guys! …
Please leave a reply so we know why you don’t like to invest time in this

Guys, I opened a PR to add the property to the response if the user has the necessary permission. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks man! These are great news!

1 Like